Chapter 41- You

The car ride was long, silent, and awkward.

Rick and Michonne decided not to let me drive. They thought I would take my anger out on the car and the road. To be fair, they weren't wrong.

I was distracted by the moving trees as we zoomed by them and barely noticed we were stuck.

I jumped out of the car avoiding the walkers that were coming towards us and looked in the windows of the cars that caused us to get stuck.

Michonne and Rick followed me out and killed a few of the walkers nearing towards us, leaving Carl in the car.

"Jake! Look out!" Rick yelled.

I looked behind me to a walker chomping his teeth towards me, barely missing.

I pushed the walker to the ground as Michonne ran up to me as Rick fought off the other walkers. I stomped on the head of the walker repeatedly, without any hesitation.

I just kept stomping, releasing my anger into each stomp.

"Jake, I think you got him." Michonne said.

I glared up at her. "Yeah..."

I looked back into the car as Rick nodded for Carl to come out since the area was walker-free.

"We need some sort of cloth, scarf, shirt, anything." I said as I still peered inside of the car.

"Like this?" Michonne opened a car door and grabbed an old, silky scarf.

"Yeah, perfect." I smiled.

"Hey, why don't you let me do it, show Carl." Rick insisted.

I nodded and handed the scarf over.

"Well, I'm sure we can find some supplies." I told Michonne.

"Mhm." She sighed.

We both walked to the same car, she took the back seat and I looked in the front.

I looked everywhere. The consol, visors, cigarette tray. Nothing useful, just some CD's.

It didn't look like Michonne had much luck either since she was only pulling clothes out.

"Jake," she started, "how are you doing?"

I shrugged.

"Jake. You haven't said one word about it. Something's gotta be on your mind."

"Just tired of loosing people. It seems like no matter what my effort is, people die. I just want to keep you and the group safe." I told her.

"Me?" She asked.

"Yeah, you're one of the people I care most about in this world, anymore. The group is like my family, but you and Andrea are just so much more special. I know why for Andrea, but I just can't put my finger on it for you. I care a lot about you, and the group. I'll do anything to keep them, and especially you safe."

She smiled and walked up to me. "That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said." She hugged me.

I threw my hands up in shock and finally hugged her back, sending a warmth through my body. A sort of warmth that was okay even in the Georgia heat.

The tight embrace was interrupted when a man started running down the road towards us.

"Hey! Please! Help! Please! Help!" He repeated.

"We should hurry." Michonne said.

"Why not help him. He's alone. Scared." I said.

"We don't know him."

"I didn't know you, either." I told her before running towards the man. I grabbed the gun I held on my belt and aimed it at the man.

"Please! Help!" He yelled.

"Be quiet! Every walker within a mile will here you!" I whispered to the man.

He had black hair and a big, full beard. He was carrying a huge orange bag, probably filled with supplies.

Michonne started to run up to us, hand on her katana.

"What the hell was that, Jake?" She asked, angrily.

"Sorry, but not everyone can be bad." I told her.

We focused our attention to the scraggly man in plaid.

"Jake?!" The man questioned.