Chapter 40- With

Jake's POV
I woke up to a gunshot ringing through the prison. I shot straight up and looked around. I jumped off of the cot and ran out of my cell.

"What the fuck?!" I asked.

"I don't know, Jake." Rick said.

Hershel pondered for a second. "That came from the bathrooms. It's Amy! Go Jake!"

My heart dropped. It could be anything, person, walker, I don't know...

My feet couldn't go fast enough as I ran to the bathroom. I searched the bathroom best as I could, there were shower curtains everywhere.

Dammit, I thought when I couldn't find any sign of Amy.

"Amy?!" I yelled.

Then I noticed the pool of blood forming at a drain. I ran to the blood and looked for the source.

My breathing seemed to stop. My face was instantly covered by a warm and wet mixture if tears and sweat.

I ran to Amy's body as fast as I could.

I picked her limp, bloodied body and rest her bloody head in my lap.

"No!" I screamed.

I kissed her forehead repeatedly and squeezed her limp body towards mine. I noticed a crumpled up paper in her hand.

I carefully took it out of her hand and read it to myself as Rick finally caught up to me.

"Jake,
I love you so much, words cannot explain. I can't take this inhuman world anymore. Nothing can keep me going. I was slipping and Tommy' s death was the breaking point for me. Keep going, you're so strong, Jake. I love you much, but I can't stand the inhumanities that this world has brought so many people, such as The Governor. Don't be stupid like me, Jake. Live on, for our legacy. I'll be happily waiting for an eternity for you to come with me. I'll always be with you, watching over you.
Love always,
Amy."

"Oh my god." I cried. I rocked back and forth with Amy in my arms, disregarding any pain in my shoulder.

"Jake," Michonne came up to me, "she'll have a proper burial."

"I appreciate that Michonne, but I really want to be alone right now." I told her.

"Don't do anything stupid. I'll be checking on you every five minutes, you know that, right."

I shook my head and everyone who gathered in the bathroom left with Michonne in the back.

About a minute after Michonne left, I just sobbed into Amy's body. I can't believe she's actually gone, I thought.

I need to be with her, I thought. I put the gun that Amy used into my mouth. I was ready to squeeze the trigger when I looked back at the note that she left for me. She wouldn't want me to do this. I took the gun out of my mouth and threw it on the ground, away from me.

I sat in silence again when I heard a scream come from C-block and heavy footsteps towards me.

Andrea ran in and found us with no trouble.

"Jake! Amy!" She yelled.

I broke down again and Andrea scrambled towards me, wrapping me into a hug with Amy in the middle if us.

"She can't turn, right?" Andrea asked through sobs.

"No... She-she... Shot herself in the head." I managed to mutter out.

"What's this?" Andrea asked.

"She... Left me a note." I told Andrea.

"May I?" She asked, tears streaming down her face.

I shook my head and she started right away.

"This is Phillip's fault..." She mumbled.

"We need to attack him now." I said.

"That might not be a bad idea. Let's go talk to Rick."

I picked up Amy's body, ignoring the shooting pain in my shoulder. Andrea and I walked back to C-block, our faces still drenched with tears.

"Rick? Rick?" I called.

"Yeah, Jake?" He came out of his cell.

"We need to attack the fucker, now." I said.

"We can't do that, we could lose even more people. If anything, we need to gear up for war."

"War? Who's talking about war?!" Andrea asked.

"The Governor."

"We barely have any weapons. What should we do?" I asked.

"I can go on a weapon search. I know a place. Carl can come with me." Rick told me.

"I'll go too." Michonne said.

"Thank you." Rick nodded.

"Me too." I added.

"You sure?" Rick asked. "You still have to bury her."

"I'm gonna do both." I said.

"Aright, we should leave soon though. Sooner the better."

I walked towards the outside with Amy still in my arms. My feet dragged as I made my way back to Tommy's grave.

The shovels were still there from the past day. I got to work right away as soon as I put Amy's body down.

I worked until there was a hole big enough to place her in. I laid her into the plot and rested the dirt onto her body, leveling it.

I angrily stormed into the prison and grabbed anything I would need for this run. I was going to kill The Governor.