Chapter 26- I

Jake's POV
Everybody perked up and looked at the door.

"What the hell happened?!" One of the figures yelled as they shuffled towards us. It was Shane and Daryl. "We heard the gunshot and ran in your direction, we seen you guys runnin' here, we followed ya."

Shane looked at the bed. "Oh buddy," he said "I'm so sorry, how the hell did that happen."

"Otis shot at a deer," I looked at Otis, "didn't see Carl and the bullet went straight through the buck." I told him.

"What the hell!" Shane grabbed Otis' shirt.

I pushed them apart. "Hey! He didn't see Carl. Let's focus on Carl, worry about all that later."

"Lori doesn't know." Rick spoke up. "My wife doesn't know, my wife doesn't know." He cried.

"Calm down, calm down. How 'bout ya sit down for a while." Shane suggested, Rick nodded.

Amy's POV
"Tell you what, we'll have a big collection of spare parts." Dale said looking at all the cars in the jam.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Shouldn't they be back yet?"

"I'm really worried, it's starting to get dark." Lori said.

"Maybe they got somethin' and they had to gut it and drag it and look for the other two." Dale reassured.

"But they would've used a quiet weapon, just doesn't make sense." I told him.

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." He told us.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

Jake's POV
The three of us and Otis resorted to the living room, out side of where Hershel was preforming the surgery.

"I shouldn't have taken him," Rick choked "should've left him with Lori."

"Don't you start that, you'll never get that monkey off your back." Shane said.

"Should be me in there."

"You already were there."

"Is that why I got out of that hospital? To look for my family to end here? Is this some kinda sick joke?!"

Shane hushed him. "You stop it. Just stop."

Maggie opened the door. "Rick, he needs blood."

We heard Carl huffing in agony, yelling "Dad!" so Shane, Daryl, and I walked in after Rick.

"You three, hold 'em down." Hershel told us.

Carl's screams got louder and Rick's muscles tensed up.

"STOP! YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" Rick yelled.

"Rick! Do you want him to live?" Hershel yelled back.

"He needs blood." Patricia said.

"RICK! DO IT NOW!" Shane yelled.

Patricia started drawing blood from Rick.

"You want to take some of mine too?" I asked Maggie.

"Won't hurt." She said before exiting the room. Patricia was the one who was taking our blood.

Carl passed out and Shane looked worried.

"Wait, wait, wait." Shane said.

"Just passed out." Hershel told him as he pulled one of the fragments out. "One down, five to go."

Hershel had to stop to make sure he didn't loose anymore blood and to check his blood pressure. Rick and I stayed in the room for the blood transfusion.