Chapter 16- One

Jake's POV
I woke up feeling satisfied, with a smile on my face. I turned over to look at Amy, with the little sunlight coming in from the window, she looked like an angel. I kissed her forehead and her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Hey." She smiled at me planting a kiss on my lips.

"Ready for work today?" I asked her.

"No. I just wanna snuggle with you all day." She whimpered.

"I know, me too." I said, kissing her cheek, and getting out of bed, making her groan.

"We gotta be able to pull our weight." I said pulling my clothes on.

"I kn-" She was cut off by the sound of screaming.

"STAY HERE!" I yelled to her, grabbing my handgun, leaving the room and locking the door.

I ran fast down the stairs and out the front door to the tents. So many walkers were scattered about. A few of them were feeding on one of the guys that was here before us, Jim, I think, poor guy. Daryl came outside and seen Jim, and shot him in the head with his crossbow to put him out of his misery.

Jim's scream must've attracted more because they started to pour in.

Rick and Shane ran out, both with two rifles each. Shane threw Daryl a gun and Rick threw one to me.

We shot walker after walker, they seemed unlimited. We finally had to resolve to handguns, then our knifes, except me and Daryl who used our bows. Finally, Shane stabbed the last walker through the skull.

"We might need to leave this place, it's not safe." Rick said.

"I agree." I said.

"Are you FUCKING crazy??!" Shane yelled.

"It isn't safe here!" Rick yelled back.

"Fine." Shane muttered as Lori walked out.

We gathered everyone into one hallway.

"We need to leave this place. It's in the middle of the city, it isn't safe." Rick told everyone.

"Now, I've known this man for a long time. I'd trust him with my life." Shane spoke up. Are you serious? Not ten minutes ago, this prick refused.

"But we have gas and food here!" Carol said.

"We'll pack it into all the vehicles. We'll leave by morning, Jake, Daryl, Shane, and Glenn: help me with packing everything. Everyone else pack all your personal belongings into a bag." Rick said.

Everyone scattered and did their jobs, but not before Amy gave me a dirty look.

We worked all the rest of the day and we were surprisingly able to pack all of the food and medical supplies into bags and into the trucks and Dale's RV. I took down some of the tents and threw then in the back of the trucks we had.

It was finally bed time and I was exhausted. I walked into the room and all the packed bags we're by the door, Amy was facing away from the door.

I stripped to my pajamas and jumped into bed, putting my arm around Amy but she shrugged it off.

"What's wrong, why are you mad at me?" I asked.

"You didn't even tell me, you didn't discuss it with me! I have a bad feeling about it, but you wouldn't have known, because you didn't even talk to me!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, you're right." I told her.

She cried into my chest, and I held her. "I just don't want to lose you or Tommy."

"You won't, I'll make sure."

We awoke to knocks on the door. "Guys, come on!" Andrea shouted through the door, making us groan.

We quickly got ourselves and Tommy dressed, packed our clothes, and ate a quick meal before heading out.

"Where are we headed?" I said before hopping in the truck.

"CDC, they should be working on a cure." Rick said.

"We're not coming." Tyreese and Sasha said. "We don't feel like this is the right move, gut feeling. We're gonna stay here."

"You sure you know what you're doing?" I asked him.

"Yeah, we had a short discussion." Tyreese said.

"Alright." Rick said, handing him a pistol and a box of ammo.

"Thank you." Tyreese said, shaking Rick, Shane, and I's hands.

We parted ways and got in our vehicles. Daryl, Carol, Sophia, and I rode in Daryl's truck, with his motorcycle riding in the bed of the truck. Lori and Carl rode with Rick, Shane rode by himself in his Jeep, and everyone else rode in the RV.