Chapter 8- With

Jake's POV
My instincts reacted quickly and I was next to Carol in the matter of a few seconds.

I seen a muscly man wearing jeans and a sleeveless shirt aiming for her with a crossbow. He was standing next to a pretty blonde, who had Carol at gun point, it was strange, the blonde sorta looked like an older version of Amy.

"Who the hell are you two?" The man asked. I could tell he had a don't-piss-me-off type attitude.

I rose my hands to show I didn't want any problems, "I'm Jake, this is my friend Carol. Listen we don't want any trouble."

"Don't do nothin' stupid and you wont get no trouble."

Just then a man in a sheriffs uniform stormed in "What the hell is it Daryl?" He noticed Ed's body right away. "What the.. Is he bit??!"

"Yeah, he just passed a little bit ago. His wife was gonna do the honors to make sure he doesn't turn into one of those creatures out there. That was until your asshole friends showed up pointing their weapons at her!"

"I'm sorry, we don't want no trouble," the sheriff said "It's hard to trust people with all that's happened, please forgive 'em. My name is Rick Grimes."

I shifted my feet "Name's Jake Karlson and this is my friend Carol Peletier. Y'all got a camp?" I wondered, "We're small and we can hold our weight."

"How many do you have?" Rick asked.

I hesitated. I barely knew this guy but I felt like I could trust him with my life. "I got a wife, and a son. She's only got her daughter left since Ed, well, died." Carol sniffled.

"How old are the kids?"

"One's three and a half"

"The other is ten" Carol said.

"You're welcome to come to our group," Rick said, making Daryl have a look of disgust on his face, "We don't have enough room to fit all of you though."

"That's okay, we have two cars filled with supplies and gas. You can siphon gas out of the one and we can move supplies around."

"You good with a gun? And a knife?" Rick asked me.

"Before this, I went hunting with my dad almost every weekend during hunting seasons, and for the knife, that's all I've been using to kill these damn things." I answered.

"Good."