Chapter 49- Day

The prison was in horrible condition. A deadly sickness was going around and someone was feeding the walkers. Crazy thing is, we weren't even gone that long.

As wrong as it was, we put the sick people in death row. We secluded the people who we wanted to be safe from the disease into a different part of the prison. I wanted Michonne to go in there, but she refused.

One of the first people to get sick was the older kid from Woodbury, Patrick. He died pretty quick, we didn't even know he was sick. He drowned in his own blood...

The next to get sick: Karen and David. It was scary, and Tyreese was torn up since him and Karen were a couple. I've talked so much to Karen since she's been here, it all seems so surreal.

I moved to Michonne's cell and gave mine up to one of the other healthy people that were exposed. Tonight would be a goodnight, I figured, since I would be wrapped up with Michonne.

It didn't take long to move my stuff into her room and we were ready to go to bed in no time. I got into my pajamas and laid down with Michonne, wrapping my arms around her and spooning her. He held my arms around her and fell asleep fairly fast and I followed shortly behind.

I woke up kinda early, but apparently not too early since Michonne was already gone. I got dressed into fresh clothes and walked to a small group of people surrounding Rick.

"Don't panic guys, whoever it was, was probably trying to protect us." He said. I noticed he had a bandage wrapped around his hand and a fresh bruise forming on his face.

"What's going on, Rick?" I asked.

"Someone killed Karen and David, burned their bodies." Rick said.

"And there's even more bad news for Ty, Sasha's sick."

My eyes widened. I was in disbelief.

"I'm gonna try to figure out who did this." Rick told us.

I nodded and walked outside, I was going to help farm. It seemed like it was the only way I could help the people around here.

I went right to work, doing whatever I could until I noticed Carol having trouble with the water pump. It was spitting out brown water.

I was going to help when Rick came over and talked to her about it. I went right back to work. I ended up widening the farming plot. I worked for a while longer until I noticed Carol outside of the fence, on a small bridge, knocking out the mud from the water intake hose. There were tons of walkers surrounding her.

Rick noticed too as him and I were running out to help her. One of the walkers was too close for comfort to her. I ran up to it and stabbed it in the head with the hunting knife that I had at my side.

"Carol! C'mon!" I yelled.

She dropped the intake hose into the water and ran in my direction, killing a walker in the process, but she unfortunately lost her weapon in it's skull.

We ran back to the prison gates and entered. When we were safe, Rick gave Carol a look.

"What the hell, Carol! We were going to wait till tomorrow!" He yelled.

"We don't know if we got a tomorrow." She said.

I rubbed my head and went back into the prison. I had done quite a bit of work for the farm, so I figured a shower would be nice.

When I had finished my shower and got dressed, Daryl came up to me.

"Hershel says there's a veterinary university about half a day from here. There's medicine that could help the sick people. You in?" He asked.