Chapter 48- More

*A/N: This will take place after the season 3-4 break. Enjoy! And don't forget to vote and comment! 😊*

I was running around in circles with the kids from Woodbury. They made me think of grown up Tommy's and Gabby's as wrong as it was. They were fun to play with though, and Patrick didn't feel like the odd man out. He was a big kid too. He was about seventeen but he still liked playing with Lego's and such.

Michonne came over to our little group of fun and laughed at the kids and I.

"You know, you're such a big kid." She teased.

"Yeah, but that's why you love me." I walked up to her, wrapping an arm around her and touching our lips together.

"Eww!" The kids all said, even Patrick.

"Oh, stop." I laughed.

Mika walked up to me and smiled, poking my side. "You're it!" She giggled.

"No!" I smiled and ran after the kids.

I grabbed the little boy, Luke, and started tickling him. The other kids started attacking me and I pretended they were beating me as I fell to the ground, sighing.

I stood up again when they finished and looked over to Rick, who was farming. He was taking a huge look at one of the walkers.

"I'm gonna go help Rick." I told the kids and they all said "aww" in-sync.

"Don't 'aww' me, we can play again tomorrow." I smiled at them before walking over to Rick.

"Need help?" I asked after I got his attention.

"Yeah." He threw a spade at me. "Can you till the ground?" He said.

I shook my head and looked over to the walkers gathered at the fence. One of them was bleeding out of it's eyes, which I thought was a bit strange.

I shook it off and started tilling the ground. I helped Rick with some seeds and such when Michonne came over.

"You ready?" She asked.

I looked at Rick and he nodded.

Michonne and I had been going on short runs, looking for The Governor. We never had any leads, we just kept going further and further away from the prison. The only things we found were old candy bars for Michonne and comic books for the kids, but really for Carl and I. We found food and water occasionally.

Michonne and I walked over to the stables where we kept the wild horses we had found a while back.

"Think we'll ever find him again?" She asked.

"I hope." I told her.

I set the saddle on the horse I decided to ride and did the same for Michonne's horse. I held my hand out and helped Michonne climb the horse and I jumped onto mine. We rode out of the stables and to the gates where Maggie and Glenn let us out.

We rode out to an area that was about two hours away by car, taking a five minute break about every thirty minutes.

The first place we went inside was an old Cabela's. We figured there would still be some ammo, food, and clothes.

Michonne and I walked hand in hand down the isles after we made sure there were no walkers that could get to us inside.

The first thing I grabbed was a Cabela's hat for Carl. His old sheriffs hat was no good for farming, so I figured he would like something like this while him and his dad were farming.

We found a couple boxes of ammo for shotguns, rifles, and pistols and stuffed them inside our bags. We looked at the archery section where a few compound bows were left.

I grabbed one off the rack and drew back. It was the right draw weight and I was ecstatic. I had missed having one since I lost mine back at Hershel's farm when the group left it behind.

I took some arrows, broadheads, string lubricant, and a few things for Daryl's crossbow.

The two of us then went down the clothes isles. I was looking for new boots since I had been wearing mine since the beginning of the outbreak.

I had found a popular pair of hunting boots that were waterproof, insulated, and comfortable. I grabbed some new socks too, since I had been wearing them since the beginning but they were kinda worn.

I took my shoes and socks off and it felt so good to air them out a little. I started putting the new socks on and Michonne picked up the new boots I had picked out.

"Under Armor boot's, huh?" She smiled.

"Yeah, they're better than these stupid things." I pointed towards my old boots.

I hurried to put my new boots on and tie them while Michonne looked for a new pair of boots too. She was always quick though, she could probably put them on and lace them in no time.

We were finally done with Cabela's and we were ready to walk out the door when Michonne stopped me.

"Jake, wait." Michonne smiled and walked over to the cashier lanes. She grabbed what candy bars were left, making me laugh.

"Of course." I smiled.

"You know I can't pass up Chocolate bars." She told me.

"Yeah, yeah. I know a store about ten minutes from here. They have more candy and comic books." I told her.

"I'm in." She said and we walked back to our horses and climbed on top.

When we got to the store, it was barely touched. Michonne grabbed most of the chocolate bars and I grabbed a couple of superhero comics for Carl and I.

We were about to leave the store when we heard the moans of walkers. I immediately regretted not setting up any arrows at Cabela's.

"Jake..." Michonne said.

"I know." I reached for her hand and took out my knife.

She grabbed her sword and we broke apart, running for the horses. We reached them and quickly took off their "leashes" and jumped on.

It was only a small herd of walkers so we were able to make our way through them. We set the horses into high gear and they galloped with so much speed.

It was all a blur until I looked back and Michonne and I were far enough away from the walkers. I then realized we had gone the wrong way.

I continued forward towards an intersection. I then knew where we were and got us back on track.

We rode the horses about another twenty minutes before taking a break. It was much needed. I grabbed Michonne right away and squeezed her into a hug. I was scared I was going to lose her back there.

She hugged me back tightly, too.

"I love you, Michonne." I told her.

"I love you too, Jake." She told me before we joined our lips together.

"I was scared I was going to lose you back there." I said.

"You don't have to worry about that." She reassured me.

I smiled. "How come we don't share a cell?" I asked her.

"I don't know, but first thing after we give Carl his hat and comics, we move into the same cell." She told me.

"Let's get back to the prison." I said.