Chapter 46- For

Daryl's POV
I pulled out of Carol when we finished. I was pulled back into reality, hearing the roar of an engine.

I rushed to the window and seen the car Jake, Michonne, Carl, and Rick left in.

"Shit. They're back." I told Carol as I ran over to put my clothes back on.

We heard the screeching of the gate. I looked down at the gate to see Glenn and Maggie opening the door.

I finally put my clothes back on and so did Carol. We ran down to the gates where Rick and his group were.

"Sorry, guys." I blushed.

"It's alright." Rick smirked, he could tell what we were doing.

"So what did y'all get?" I asked.

"A lot of weapons and ammo. Some food and water. We should be good if The Governor tries to come ambush us." Rick said.

Jake was smirking along with Rick until The Governor was mentioned, then a fowl look spread onto his face.

"Jake, you okay?" I asked.

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch, if it's the last thing I do." He told me.

"So what about the weapons?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

Jake's POV
We worked our asses off the best we could to strengthen the prison a tad. We put the weapons and ammo into the laundry hampers that were left behind.

We gave Daryl his new crossbow and he was ecstatic. He was like a kid on Christmas.

We even put some spikes in the grass to pop the tires of any vehicles that entered the yard, since that's how The Governor liked to play.

"Jake, we need to talk." Rick approached me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We talked to Andrea." I nodded. "The Governor wants Michonne. He won't attack us if we give her to him."

"Tell him to suck it. No way. I'm not losing her too."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Nothing. Listen, I'm tired and hungry. I'm gonna grab some food and sleep."

"Alright."

I walked back to the prison and grabbed a bowl of slop that was in a pan and some water. Michonne followed.

"Listen," I started, "I'm gonna get some sleep. I want you to, too. You haven't slept since we went, I can tell you're exhausted." I stroked her cheek.

"Alright." She smiled that beautiful smile.

We finished our food and headed to our cells after giving each other a quick kiss. We didn't want to risk being caught.

I entered my cell and took my shirt and pants off, stretching.

Rick came in shortly after.

"Jake, we need to talk about this." He said.

"No, no way in hell are we giving her to him." I told him.

"Why the hell are you being so stubborn about this?"

"Really?! You're gonna send her to her death. If you give her to him, I go with her, and what's stopping him from coming anyways? I got close to him. He's dirty. He says one thing and goes against it. He brought this one guy from the US army in. Told The Governor about his men back at his camp. We went to get them and we ending up killing every last one of them. Even the guy who told us about the men. He told the people of Woodbury the biters got to the men and the guy died from injuries. You really wanna do a deal with a man like that." I told him.

"Thank you."

"What?"

"I wanted someone to change my mind. You have. I don't want to be your "Governor". After this mess, we form a council. He wants her by tomorrow. We're gonna have two people in the guard tower while everyone gets some rest."

"Alright. Imma get some shut eye now!" I joked.

"Sweet dreams." He laughed and exited my cell.

I laid down and fell asleep almost instantaneously.

I dreamt about Amy, and Michonne. Michonne and I were having a good time and cuddling when I seen Amy staring at us, smiling and nodding in approval. I smiled back at her as she walked away. I kissed Michonne and my dream ended. My first good dream in a while.

"Jake." Michonne shook me up. "C'mon, I volunteered us for guard tower." She smiled that big smile.

"Alright. Hold on, I'm not decent." I joked.

"Oh, c'mon." She laughed and exited my cell while I hurried to put on a fresh pair of clothes.

I exited my cell and Michonne threw a granola bar at me.

"Enjoy your breakfast." She told me.

"I will." I encased her in a small hug. "Now let's get goin'."

We walked out to the prison yard and to the guard tower, through the dewey grass, signaling I had been sleeping for about half a day.

We reached the top of the guard tower and it smelled horrible! Like dirt and sex. Probably from Glenn and Maggie all the time and the one time, yesterday, from Daryl and Carol.

"They need to bring some air fresheners!" I joked.

"No kidding." Michonne agreed.

We both sat on the ground, looking out the window, and holding each other's hand.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" I said.

"Oh, stop." She smirked.

"I'm serious." I told her.

She smiled at me.

We sat in silence and I finally spoke up.

"You know what The Governor wants, right?" I asked.

"No, honestly. I agreed to help prepare for something I have no clue about." She laughed.

"He wants you. He wanted you by today. I told Rick that wasn't going ti happen."

"Jake, if it could save you and the group,-" I cut her off.

"That's not how works. He says one thing and does the other. He's an asshole, a liar. Even if we gave you to him, he would come back to kill us, torture you, then kill you."

"Jake... I..."

"I can't lose you too."