Chapter 38- More

Jake's POV
Today's going to be a rough day. We're burying Tommy. I got no sleep last night. Amy and I just laid together after Michonne came in and took Tommy out of the cell.

Now, we're heading out to bury him. I'm going outside despite Hershel's previous orders, he understands. He told me earlier that he would do the same of it were his boy.

I put my arm in a make-shift sling before Amy and I made our way to the door that led us outside. The others followed behind us.

I stopped. "Y'all don't have to come with us. We're good. Capable of doing this ourselves."

Rick stared at me and nodded. "Alright guys, lets get back to what we gotta do. They can handle it."

Amy and I continued to go outside. Michonne followed, that's what I expected. Amy told me that Michonne and Tommy got kinda close in the short amount of time she was here.

We finally walked outside. When we reached the outside, the three of us made our way to where the graves of Lori and T-Dog were. Daryl was already outside digging the hole for Tommy. He had offered to do it since I was injured and Amy was an emotional wreck.

Once we got to where Tommy's final resting place was, Michonne grabbed an extra shovel Daryl had with him that was previously holding Daryl's crossbow up. She jumped right in and started digging with Daryl.

I looked over to Tommy's body. He had been wrapped in an old sheet from the storage room the group had found earlier on when they claimed the prison as theirs.

My eyes started to burn and my throat clenched as I tried to fight back more tears that were destined to fall out.

I reached for Amy, whose face was soaked with tears. I enveloped her in the best hug I could manage and she sobbed into my good shoulder.

"I can't believe he's gone." Amy managed to spit out through sobs.

"I know." I said, closing my eyes before I finally let the tears fall. I sobbed with Amy and tightened my hug around her.

"Uhh..." Michonne stammered, awkwardly. "It's done."

I nodded and walked over to Tommy's plot. It was only about three feet deep so I jumped inside.

"Jake-" Michonne started.

"I got it." I shot back.

I grabbed for Tommy's body and Daryl walked over to him, picking him up and handing his body to me.

I clutched Tommy's body against mine, fighting back more tears. I gently placed him down onto the dirt, still holding his head.

"Goodbye, buddy. Daddy loves you." I sobbed. "I'm so sorry this happened to you..." I kissed the sheet where his bloodied head was and finally rested his head onto the dirt, leaving him there forever.

Daryl dipped his hand down, allowing me to grab it so I could easily climb up. Amy was at the other end of his grave hammering a wooden cross that Carl had made into the ground.

Daryl and Michonne laid the rest of the dirt in Tommy's grave and leveled it.

I looked over to Amy. Her face was filled with pain and anger.

I walked up to her. "I'm gonna go stick some through the fence with that new guy that came with Tyreese."

"Your shoulder." She said.

"I'll be careful, I'll use my left arm."

"I'm coming too."

"You sure?"

She just looked at me and pursed her lips.

"Alright, lets go."

I put my left arm around her shoulder and she shrugged it off. "Something wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head and opened the door to get in between the fences.

I took out my knife and walked over to the new guy.

"You're the new guy, huh?" I said.

"And you're the guy with a bad shoulder? I'm Thomas." He held his hand out.

"T-t-thomas?" I questioned.

"Yeah."

"Uh-um-uhh- Jake. My name's Jake. This is my wife, Amy." I shook Thomas' hand.

"The walkers seem to be scattered."

"Yeah." I said and stabbed one walker in the head.

I looked over to Amy. She was going to town on those walkers. She stabbed them one after another.

"Come on you fuckwads!!" She yelled as she beat the gate.

I went back to the walkers and stabbed two more through the gate before I noticed a blonde girl with a walker on some sort of leash. She started to walk through the gates that were already tore down.

"Who the hell is that!?" I said.

I walked out of the section we were in and approached to woman. It was, it was, Andrea...