Chapter 4- For

Amy's POV
The eight hours went by fairly quick, it sure didn't feel like I was passed out that long.

Jake definitely did a lot while I was asleep, he gathered a ton of supplies. Part of me wished he didn't because, while I let him sleep, there was barely anything to do! I gathered a few supplies I thought could be helpful on our journey to God know's where.

Having almost nothing to do, it gave me a lot of time to think. I knew Jake was never a big religious person but I was, that's just the way I was raised. The situation with Jake's parents and Gabby I have a hard time with my faith, why would someone choose to do that to a child? But the one thing I was taught was God works in mysterious ways to test people's strengths. The government was obviously not that strong as it fell apart almost immediately after the epidemic broke out.

Thinking about faith always makes me think about my family. My mom and dad lost contact with me almost as soon as the first human became infected. I always thought about my distant sister , even before all this happened. Pretty much when I started to learn to walk, she started to run... away...

Her and my parents never really got along, they always seemed to be fighting, so one day after her 18th birthday, she packed up and went to college, barely making any contact with us, only the occasional call on my birthday. The last time I talked to my sister was before I found out I was pregnant with the twins. I just hope she survived, she was always the survivalist type, or at least maybe she went quickly and painlessly.

Nothing happened in the long, exaggerating eight hours I had to wait to wake Jake up. I immediately regretted waking him up since this was the only time this past week he looked so damn peaceful.