Chapter 11- More

Jake's POV
That night was the best night if sleep I've had since all of this happened. They made sure all doors we're locked and they always had someone on watch. I'm glad they didn't pick me because I would've probably fallen asleep since I haven't had a full nights rest in a few days.

Amy and I laid in the hospital bed. That was the most time we had alone since all of this. I just looked at her, saying few words to each other as we spooned, my finger twirling her hair.

She eventually fell asleep and shortly before I closed my eyes I whispered "I love you", kissed her cheek and drifted away to sleep.

I woke up to a knock on the door and the shifting of Amy's body as she faced me, smiling. It felt like I hadn't slept at all but I returned the smile, knowing how happy and lucky I was to have such and amazing wife like Amy.

I gave her a short, passionate kiss on the lips and turned to get off the bed when Amy wrapped her arms around my body.

"I'm still so tired, let me rest on your shoulder." She said laying her head right under my shoulder blade.

"I know a way to wake you up." I said as I turned around and kissed her lowering her down to the top of the bed.

I bit her lip gently and tugged at it a little before jumping off the bed.

"Oh, you're such a tease!" She giggled as she threw her pillow at me.

"We gotta show them we can work and not goof off so we can stay here." I winked at her, making her groan.

We got dressed to do a hard day's work and headed towards the group after getting Tommy dressed.

"Jake, I wanna see how good you are at hunting so I'll take you with me today. Maybe we can get a meaty buck and a few squirrel!" Daryl said.

"Ughh, I hope, I haven't had venison in forever." I replied.

"Amy, you can help some of us do the laundry. Be careful, don't get too excited!" Andrea told Amy.

"I'll try!" Amy joked.

"Jake, Amy, I can help Tommy. read, write, and do a little math, if you'd like" Lori said.

"Could you?" Said Amy, Lori nodding. "Thank you." Amy went over and hugged Lori.

"No problem." Lori returned.

Daryl and I then headed out to hunt shortly after we grabbed a bite to eat.