Chapter 6- More

Amy's POV
"What?" I questioned.

"Yeah, the guy, Ed, seems nice, they might come with us too if they can find a vehicle."

"I wanna meet them!" I shouted.

"Okay, we can go inside, they have a young daughter," I thought of Gabby "they were all sleeping on the hard ass floor when I walked in, it was a sad sight to see."

We got out of the truck and brought Tommy out too. We went inside to meet the new people. The woman's name was Carol and their daughter was Sophia, she was a pretty, young girl, my guess would be about 8.

Jake and Ed made a run to go find a decent vehicle and to siphon some gas. This gave me and Carol time to talk. From what I gathered, she reminded me of a housewife from the fifties, she liked to cook and clean. I thought not showering for a long time might kill her.

Jake and Ed came back pretty quickly with a decent car and a couple gallons of gas. Shortly after they came back, we all started to pack the vehicles for the journey to go to Jake's parent's land.

Ed' POV
I can't believe how generous Jake had been to offer us that. It doesn't matter though, my family comes first. I wanted to wait till the trio were most vulnerable and take all the supplies while they slept.

We had to do whatever it took to survive, even if it took killing one of them. Maybe the baby... As long as it wasn't my Sophia.

Me and Sophia had always had a close relationship, some might say too close. Some of the things that me and her do together would be classified as "illegal", but there's no government.

Carol was a bit weary of my idea. She's always been a goody goody. That's why I started teaching her lessons and why I took a liking to my daughter. Jake doesn't seem stupid so we'll have to be sly about leaving them and taking their supplies, but like I said, MY family, especially Sophia, comes first.

We especially had to keep quiet to Jake on what happened only a few hours before Jake found us. We hadn't been at the gas station long before Jake found us.

Before we went inside the mini-mart, there was about three infected surrounding the mini-mart. I had to protect Sophia, so I went to kill the infected. During the process, I was bit. Not gonna lie, it hurt like hell and I was running a slight fever, but it's nothing.