Ch 5: Tea

A/N Sorry about the late update! I was on vacation and such!!

~~

        I sat on a array of red and black cushions and blankets made of several different rich fabrics I didn't know the name of, leaning against Kaden's chair as he sat having drinks with his friends.

        I had tuned out their conversation in favor of lying on my stomach instead of against his chair the moment the harpy woman began to speak playing idly with my perfectly done nails. I was so consumed with my pointless task I nearly jumped when a plate of tea sandwiches and finger foods was placed in front of me on a trey along with delicate teacup filled to the brim with something that smelled flowery and sweet.

        I eyes the fine china for a moment before nabbing one of the mini sandwiches and taking a small curious bite. I nearly smiled as I chewed, it was tasty. I took another bite and chewed slower this time, Strawberry, cucumber, cream cheese?, Lemon, and Basil? It was unusual and not anything I had ever had before, I rested on one elbow and sipped at my tea, smiling as the taste hit my tongue there was honey in it.

        I love honey.

        I quietly munched away at the foods preferring the little strawberry sandwiches over the other ones and spending more time playing with some of the decadent foods then eating them.

        I frowned when I reached for another little sandwich and found there to be no more. I took to glaring at the plate before a very dainty, pale, hand appeared before me holding a plate of those little sandwiches. My gaze followed the hand up to the arm and to the shoulder before finally resting on Gwen's face, she was smiling happily at me as she leaned over the large glass coffee table, careful not to break anything.

        Glancing around, I noted that all eyes had focused on us before I slowly reached up and took one of the sandwiches, suspicious of what she wanted.

        She giggled lightly, "Ill trade you all mine for your deviled eggs?"

        I glanced at the uneaten eggs on my trey, those things were nasty. I nodded and took her plate before practically shoving the small plate of eggs at her.

        She grinned as if delighted, "good these are my favorite."

        I gave her an odd look, I couldn't believe she actually enjoyed those things.

        Kaden set his cup onto the table, "Gwen, don't go feeding her a bunch of fattening crap."        

        Ah there was that improper vampire lord I had a glimpse at.

        Gwen rolled her eyes, "oh hush Kaden, even you have to admit she's adorable when shes eating those, she looks so happy! And she seems awful hungry. You didn't forget to feed her right?"

        He seemed irritated, "I fed her, she just didn't eat much."

        Angelica rolled her eyes, "well I guess all you had to do was feed her fattening sandwiches and she would inhale them like a swine."

        I glared at her, tempted to throw a sandwich at her head but they were too good to waste on her.        

        Gwen ignored her, "so Calla have you had sandwiches like these before?"

        I shook my head, "nope. And all the stuff they would feed me at the pet shop was crap."

        She frowned, "I heard that particular shop took very good care of their pets."