Ch 67: How Much?

A/N: ahhh hello! some of you are very happy about the announcement of the second book! I am too because I already wrote the summery for it XD and I have the cover made...heh oh and I FINALLY decided how this book is going to end :3 hehe.

oh and thats the outfit Calla is wearing that was mentioned last chapter~     

~~

Kaden POV:

My father looked over both my pet and I. His gaze lingering on Calla, her eyes, her hair, and the soft flow of her body.

A pang of worry shot through me. My father has never showed such an interest in anyone before.

As his eyes met mine, pure hate flashed through them before he quickly looked away and he nodded to Aldric, "Son, you are dismissed."

Aldric looked surprised, being the prince and all I was sure he had expected to be able to stay.

He had been wrong. Very wrong.

I watched him go with clenched fists, this would only go down hill.

Callas anxiety rolled off her in waves, she was nervous.

My fingers tightened on her leash, "Your majesty."

His cold red eyes met mine once more as his voice rumbled lowly through the room, "Kaden."

He was trying to intimidate me, as always.

If King Alton could do anything it was intimidate, unfortunately for him his hatred was less intimidating than it was the norm for me.

Calla on the other hand...her blue eyes were wide with fear at the feeling of my fathers power, and the sound of his old as time voice.

I hated how afraid she was, I hated that I could not calm her fear, "It was kind of you to open the doors of your home to us."

He looked utterly disinterested, his gaze moving back to Calla, "And who is this?"

Like he didn't know. he had tried to have her killed and sent my brother to investigate her after all, "This is my pet, Calla."

Hearing her name the blonde turned her wide eyes on me. I tried my best to instal as much courage in her as I could with one look. her shoulders relaxed a bit and her eyes grew less weary.

That was until she turned and my father uttered his next words, "how much?"

I was at a loss, "Pardon?"

"How much for the little blonde?"

Calla began to shake in her heels. She didn't honestly think I would sell her did she?

Of course she didn't...she just wasn't sure if I really had a choice or not. I grit my teeth, "My apologies King Alton but Calla is not for sale."

Anger flashed in my fathers eyes, "Everything if for sale boy."

Not everything. 

Not the woman who held my heart.

Not my world.

Not Calla.

I was careful to keep my face a blank mask, "not Calla. I hate to be rude but I do believe you have a few pets of your own, the best pets alive in both beauty and obeisance. What would you need Calla for?"

"She's prettier. And I no longer have a blonde."

I could feel my lovers disgust with the man before her, "My apologies but I am afraid you will have to find a blonde of a different variety."

"she is perfect. I am king and will settle for nothing less."

He will have to settle for nothing at all, I would sooner die then hand her over. to be honest I had expected him to try and kill her again in order to keep people from approving of me further. I expected an assassination attempt in his paranoia.

I supposed he changed his mind after taking a good look at her and realizing for once the rumors spoke truth.

My pet was damn beautiful.

 "is this all you called us here for?"

He clearly disliked my less than friendly tone, "I called you here to see if you were embarrassing my blood any further."

I nodded once, "And am I?"

He stared straight into my eyes, "you always will. you are nothing but an imperfection, a stain on my empire."

Calla was stalk still in rage.

This was nothing new to me but she...she didn't even like other people drinking my favorite scotch much less insulting me. She is a loyal woman beyond what I deserve.

I tugged her leash in warning. She did her best to relax.

My father looked faintly amused. 

He had been reading her.

He knew she was angry.

I did the one thing no one ever dared to do to a king.

I cut him off before he could speak, "if you will excuse us my pet has had a trying day and needs to rest." And then I turned my back on him and left the throne room without permission.

The click of Callas heels sounded behind me and I could feel my fathers Icy gaze on my back as the door shut behind us.

Calla gawked at me, whispering harshly, "What the hell did you just do?! that has to have crossed a few lines."

I ignored her, "Calla, pet, lets go into London. I will show you around. Perhaps we will find ourselves a cat.

She shot me a reprimanding look but followed none the less.

I had a feeling she would follow me anywhere even if I didn't ask.

And I her.