Ch 13: Monster.

A/N: OMG GUYS THE VAMPIRES PET IS #11 IN VAMPIRE! Yay! thank you all SO MUCH for reading!

Oh and FYI I personally love this chapter its my favorite so far~

~~

Kaden POV:

        Callas delicate fingers wrapped around my bicep as I led her around the room in a dance, she really was talented at it. My little pet was elegant and an absolute vision when she danced, her usual defensive posture softened and she graced the people around her with a tiny beautiful smile. 

        She let out a soft sigh, "Tomorrow right?"

        I nodded, "yes...is your dress turning out well?"

        "Yeah...its beautiful." 

        We fell into silence again, it was easy to tell her mind was elsewhere, on any other occasion she would be berating me or something I bought or did or a member of my staff. 

        She was just as good at complaining as she was dancing.

        And even better at arguing. 

        Sometimes I wish I had bought her a muzzle along with her collars. I never even intended on buying a pet and only browsed through the files because if I did not do so occasionally and simply state that none of them met my standards people would start asking questions. pointless questions that I never had the perfect answer to. I only looked at those files to avoid questions and ended up with the blonde before me.

        I opened a folder and ended up with a wild human in my home. 

        A wild, energetic, challenging human.

        I thought she would be a bit interesting since she was supposedly spunky but had gotten more than I ever thought I would. And now I went and promised her that I would let her spend her natural life her.

        I promised her something I couldn't guarantee. And because of that promise the way she looked at me changed.

        She watches me with more open curiosity and less weary hate than before, shes less opposed to touching me and fights me on less decisions.

        She barely ever even complains about her wardrobe anymore.

        It was almost like a peace had falled over us and we mixed as if we had grown up doing such, like every morning since she was a little girl she would sip her tea and pepper me with questions some interesting such as if I 'believe in the meaning of life even if I didn't have heart beat' and others odd like; 'what jackass got to decide the sky was blue? what if he named blue wrong and the sky is really purple.'

        I would never admit it out loud but sometimes I would make a point to sit at breakfast with her or call her into my study just to listen to her ramble on and on about one thing or another. I was Quickly becoming a problem, especially since people would expect something of her at the ball tomorrow.

        they would expect evidence she had been fed on.

        Whether I leave the scar from her first bite like many vampires do with their pets or she shows signs of adoration, or a need to give blood. They would look for either and if they found neither there would be problems.

        Slowly the music stopped, "Calla..."

        She rolled her shoulders and stretched, "yeah?"

        "Today's the day.."

        "The day?"

        "Today, tonight I am going to feed off you for the first time."

        Her face drained of color and she stepped back, "Why?"

        "Because pet I need to and you knew this was going to happen."

        She flinched away from me when I reached out for her, "I'm not food!"

        I shook my head at her, "Calla! this isn't something you can debate on! it is for your own safety! Things are done differently in the real world, in society, whatever you grew up with is gone and its not real. In this world If your not being fed on by me, that means someone else can touch you. They will think if I'm not taking your blood it means I bought you for my guests. They will eat you alive and you may not even last the night, some of them will make it good but others will want you to hurt because you're tiny and fragile and beautiful even by vampire standards, they will want to hear you scream in pain because seeing something so beautiful with tears running down her cheeks screaming with everything shes got will tune into their animal side. one thing you have always gotten right Calla is that  we're parasites and a lot of us we revel in it behind closed doors. No matter how perfect we pretend to be we are nothing but animals."

        She was quite for a moment, "And you Kaden?" She gestured to me with slightly shaking hands, "are you an animal too?"

        Silence swirled through the air as I looked over her shivering body. How many times had I thought of just taking her blood and letting her squirm against me? I bought her for her fire, for the challenge didn't I? And even though I despise her being injured, I never could keep the image of her wide crystal blue eyes filled with unshed tears that day she came into my office bruised from Angelica's yanking on her collar from my mind. I wanted to sink my fangs into her thin little neck and feel her gasp, let her feel the sharp sting of my fangs before I even began to let her feel any sort of pleasure from it. I dressed her up because I not only found her beautiful to look at but because I enjoyed the embarrassed anger rolling off her in waves. I know how easy it would be to crush her in my hands and watch her crumple, to make her wilt like the flower she was named after and sometimes I thought about pushing her to that edge. I dressed her up to think of all the ways I could tear her down. I poked and prodded her rage because I could, I took every ounce of choice I could from her life to feed her little tid bits like a pick of jewelry or a dress.

        I reveled in the knowledge that I controlled Calla more than I had anything in my entire life. I thrived off the fact that even if I treated her much less like a pet than most vampires would, I could I could make her do anything I wanted. I know it and so does she.        

        And if she forgot I know I would remind her,  just to see her face wash over with shock and horror I would. I knew I could take out any sort of rage I had on her and she would be powerless to do anything.

        I always avoided having a pet because mild people are tedious.

         But fiery people make me want to destroy them.

        Somewhere in my mind I bought her knowing that imperfect personality trait would set me off at some point.

        And every twisted thing I ever thought of doing to someone who defied me, I could do to her.

        I knew I was imperfect and I didn't care, I embraced every flaw I have ever had, and that was what makes me so damn dangerous to her.

        My dual shaded eyes met her blue ones, "No Calla, I'm not an animal. I'm a monster."