{ 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄 }

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴏɴɢ ᴅᴇᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴛᴜᴍ ʜɪ ᴀᴀɴᴀ

»»--❖--««

Lightning illuminated the blackest path above; droplets of moisture began to wheeze from the sky. The pitter-patter of seething rain was the only sound that could be heard throughout the darkest night.

The rain was not only kissing the ground with each droplet but also drenching two souls who were broken beyond repair.

Her remorseful mahogany brown orbs clashed with his broken velvet black iris. Each breath they took felt heavy, they had so many questions, yet only silence engulfed them.

The steady stream of liquid trickled down their faces along with the heavy rain, his with betrayal and hers with regret. So much was needed to be said, but he just asked one question.

"Why?"

That's all his broken voice could say; the man that was always joyful looked utterly shattered. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives; Ruhbal was supposed to tell Asfandyar how much she loves him, how much he means to her. But everything changed in a matter of minutes.

"Ruhbal, I asked why?"

As soon as those words left his mouth, Ruhbal's heart shattered into pieces. She was never just Ruhbal for him; she has always been his Ruh, his soul, but when your own soul betrays you, then your left completely empty.

"A-Asfand, please listen to me"

Each and every word Ruhbal wanted to say was on the tip of her tongue. Yet, her empty voice betrayed her.

Asfandyar waited; he waited to hear whatever she had to say. He had faith in his love; he knew that whatever she had done was for a reason unknown to him.

But her silence was killing him, he tried to hold it in, but there is just so much a person could take. Hurt, anger, betrayal all clouded his mind leaving him with his last resort.

"Tumhari khamoshi sab kuch kha gai"
(Your silence spoke a thousand words)

Nodding her head in disagreement, tears were constantly flowing down her rosy cheeks.

"Fine, if you don't want to say anything, I won't force you to, but do me one last favor, kill me. End this for once and for all"

Forcefully putting the heavy metal in her hands, Asfandyar made her point the gun above his abdomen, leaving her perplexed.

"Asfand, what is wrong with you? How could you even think that? Jaan ho tum meri"
(You're my everything.)

"Aur Ruh ho tum meri, but I guess today's a day filled with betrayal"
(And you're my soul)

"Asfand, leave the damn gun, please; I'm begging you"

Her broken voice yelled at him over and over again, telling him to leave the damn gun, but he didn't budge.

"No, I won't; why can't you just kill me already? Isn't that what your father trained you to do all these years"

"Asfand, please just listen to me"

She was slowly shattering into pieces; she was so fucking tired; mentally, physically, and in every way possible. All Ruhbal wanted to do was snuggle close to Asfandyar in his arms, in the comfort of their home, their safe haven. Yet, she was here standing between life or death.

"Ruhbal, just pull the fucking trigger"

His loud voice roared.

"Fine, if that's what you want, then your wish is my command"

And just like that, she pulled the trigger. The thunder roared, the dark night became even darker. And the only faint sound that could be heard were two voices drifting away before darkness engulfed everything.

"Asfand"

"Ruh"

»»--❖--««