{ 𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄 }

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴏɴɢ ᴅᴇᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴛᴏsᴇ ɴᴀɪɴᴀ

»»--❖--««

    The vast lush mansion stood tall and proud amongst the royal scenery. Silver satin threads of water trickled down the fiberglass water fountain above the foyer—the exterior of the luxuriously built villa beamed in sunlight, bathing in the warm golden rays.

Each step Ruhbal took towards her childhood home felt heavy; every memory she has ever known came rushing back. The beautiful and joyous memories she and her family made replayed in her mind like a movie reel.

As she stepped foot inside, her intense gaze scanned every nook and cranny of their home; while breathing in the faint aroma of jasmine and sandalwood. Ruhbal could feel her mother's essence throughout the house with every step she took.

It had been a few days since Ruhbal had visited her mother, and so she decided to spend the rest of the day with her Mamma. Ruhbal knew every since her Bhai passed away, their mother was not the same. Day by day, she was sinking into depression. The woman that was once always filled with so much life was nothing but hollow inside.

Aleena Eman truly loved both of her children equally; she always told her babies that their both the center of her universe. But after losing her firstborn, her son, a part of her universe, Aleena became utterly shattered.

Due to her severe depression and traumatic shock, she developed traumatic mutism causing her to be mute for the past six years.

Remembering all the painful moments her mother has been going through; angry tears flowed down Ruhbal's eyes. She had vowed from the moment their lives changed that she would destroy whoever inflicted this horrific pain upon her family, no matter who they are.

Wiping away her heavy tears and putting on a happy facade, Ruhbal lightly pushed the oak wood double doors to her mother's bedroom. Upon reaching her room, Ruhbal had the brightest smile on her face seeing her Mamma, but her smile slightly flattered in confusion as she noticed another figure alongside her mother present there.

"Mamma"

Ruhbal softly muttered.

Aleena glanced up, hearing her daughter's voice with a graceful smile, while the figure whose face Ruhbal did not see yet, slowly turned around. His twinkling onyx black orbs met her anxious mahogany brown iris. And just like always, their eyes spoke more words than they could've ever say.

Asfandyar had also came to visit his Maa; Aleena was the only mother figure in his life, and without her, he would have been lost a long time ago. She always treated him like her own, and whenever anyone asked Aleena how many children she has, she would always say, "I have two sons and a daughter."

The two shared an indescribable bond; for Asfandyar, his Maa is his everything, and when he came back to London six months ago, finding out about every hardship she went through after Razaan's death made him feel like a failed son. But despite it all, Aleena still showered him with the utmost love and affection like she always had.

Ruhbal was the first one to break away from their shared gaze; lowering her eyes, she stood rooted by the oak wood double doors until she heard Asfandyar's husky voice.

"Ruh, why are you standing by the door? Come inside; we were both missing you anyways, and now that you are here, we can all spend time together as we used to when we were younger."

Nodding her head in agreement, Ruhbal inched closer to the cozy modern king-sized bed. Sitting down next to her mother, Ruhbal squeezed Aleena in a warm embrace while smothering her with gentle kisses.

Asfandyar's happiness had no bound; it felt good seeing reflections of his old Ruh. At the moment, everything seemed perfect; their little family was complete.

"Mamma, I missed you so much"

Ruhbal said in a baby voice, shaking her head at her daughter's antics; Aleena softly caressed her chubby cheeks.

"Ruh, maa mujhe itna pyar karhi thi tumhare aane se phail, aur ab tum unka saara attention lay ri ho"
(Before you came, maa was showering me with so much love, and now she's giving you all the attention.)

Asfandyar mumbled out in a teasing voice.

"Asfanddd, mujhe tang na karo"
(Asfand, don't bother me)

Ruhbal whined out, and just like the younger version of themselves, the two began playfully arguing without even knowing. Aleena's heartfelt content seeing her children so happy, and all she prayed for in her heart was to be blessed with many more moments like this.

After spending the entire day with their mother, Ruhbal and Asfandyar's happiness had no bound; spending time together after so many years felt good. But they do say all good things must come to an end, and the moment Ruhbal was dredging had finally come.

Ruhbal had to meet her Baba before leaving her childhood home, and she knew once she steps foot in his library, she would have to forget the beautiful moments she just cherished.

Paving her way into the dark, gloomy hallway, Ruhbal was five steps away from her father's library; each step she took was filled with regret. Upon entering the room, her eyes directly clashed with her father's.

"Ruhbal"

His gruff voice echoed throughout the large sections of the library.

"Gee, Baba?"

Her monotone voice spoke out.

"Have you forgotten your promise, or has your brother's murder and mother's trauma mean nothing to you in front of your "so-called marriage."

Her father was playing a dirty game; he knew that her mother, brother, and Asfandyar were her weakness, and so for the past six years, he had done nothing but blackmail Ruhbal and fed her lies just to make his way.

"I remember each promise you gave me, Baba, but I have also asked you to give me time because I will not hurt the ones I love just based on assumptions you have made."

"Ruhbal, I believe I have given you ample amount of time; I think it's time you fulfill your Baba's promise, or you know very well I have sources to get the job done."

Gulping in fear, Ruhbal knew what her father was capable of doing; now, she knew no matter what, she would find out the honest truth and end this once and for all.

And so she said.

"Give me forty eight hours hours; if I can't find out the truth by then, our lives are in your hands."

"Ok, deal."

Her father said.

The next forty eight hours of their lives were extremely crucial; It was all up to her now. So what will Ruhbal choose, the honest truth or the fabricated lies she has always known.

»»--❖--««