{ 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎 }

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴏɴɢ ᴅᴇᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴛᴜ ᴊᴀᴀɴᴇ ɴᴀ

»»--❖--««

Amid the starlight, the ever glowing moon looked beautiful than ever before. The embedded stars around the vast sky brought beauty unto the coal-black night. The light autumn breeze carried the aroma of the land through the creamy brown curtains, bringing in cool air into the warm white-walled bedroom.

Despite being graced with such a beautiful night, a figure in bed was whimpering in agony, beads of sweat trickled down her forehead while silent tears escaped her sleepy closed eyes. The torment she was facing at that very moment was worse than any pain she has ever felt.

"Asfand"

She screamed; The nightmare she just saw took her breath away. Ruhbal was panting for air with each breath she took. Everything felt so real, Asfandyar's accusing eyes, her broken voice trying to mend everything that was slowly breaking apart, their screams, anger, pain, everything; that awful nightmare shook her to the core.

While calming her racing heart, Ruhbal's mahogany brown orbs shifted towards the left side of her bed. Her shaky, clammy hands touched the cool satin sheets, implying that they were the same as they had been before she went to bed.

The modern wall clock above their mini library indicated that it was way past midnight. Asfandyar was never the one to stay out late, and for any reason, if he did, he would always assure Ruhbal that he is safe and will reach back home once he can. But after that horrible nightmare, she knew she wouldn't be in peace until she sees him herself, safe and sound but most importantly alive.

Ruhbal Eman should hate the mere existence of Asfandyar Yasser; he is the reason for every horrible thing that has happened to her and her family in the past six years, but who is she kidding? That man is the reason she is breathing; her entire world revolves around him.

Somewhere in her heart, Ruhbal knew that Asfandyar might not be responsible for her brother's death, her brother whom she adored with all her heart and misses dearly. But then her baba's promise, her mother's gut-wrenching tears, and her twenty-year-old broken self's image flashes in front of her eyes, and her heart that once only beat it for Asfandyar turns stone cold.

Drifting back from her nagging thoughts, Ruhbal stepped out of her bedroom and made her way to their at-home office, hoping to see Asfandyar in there. Upon entering the room, she could finally breathe, seeing him safe and sound in the vicinity of their home, despite all the negative thoughts that went through Ruhbal's mind the entire night. A goofy smile stretched onto her lips as she saw a very sleepy Asfandyar knocked out on the dark leather couch.

Carefully making her way towards him, Ruhbal leaned down and removed Asfandyar's reading glasses along with the business document he was reading before he slipped into a restful slumber. Grabbing the cozy throw blanket from the couch, she lightly covered him with the warm blanket.

Ruhbal's delicate fingers unknowingly inched towards Asfandyar's face, lightly caressing his beautiful features. Pushing back his slightly curly midnight dark hair, her gentle gaze was transfixed on him, drinking his every feature. Leaning her face forward, Ruhbal pecked his forehead; the warmth of his skin under her cool rosy lips sent a tingling sensation throughout her body.

Breaking away from such a beautiful moment, Ruhbal took four steps away from the couch. As she was turning away, Asfandyar's soft yet rough hand clasped around her dainty wrist, halting her at her position.

"Ruh"

His gentle voice murmured.

"Hmm"

She spoke while still standing in the opposite direction as him.

"I'm sorry I was out late today; I had to draft a new contract for the company we're merging with, and it unexpectedly took longer than I thought; you were probably so worried."

"It's okay; umm, I just wanted to make sure you were safe. We can discuss the contract tomorrow. It's getting late; you should come to bed."

Speaking those minimal words, Ruhbal left their at-home office and headed back to their bedroom. In the past six months of their marriage, Asfandyar had realized how much Ruhbal had changed since losing her brother. The once cheerful and bubbly persona of her's entirely switched to the cold and distant person she had become today.

Asfandyar was fully aware of the pain and grief she was going through; no one could ever fill the void left in her heart. Losing a sibling, a part of oneself, is gut-wrenching, and so he never questioned Ruhbal's behavior towards him but only vowed to bring back happiness into his wife's life.

However, his own grief was lost somewhere along the way, trying his best to fulfill all the promises he made to his best friend. Asfandyar buried the torment in his heart of losing the only family he had; being an orphan ever since he could remember meeting Razaan was a blessing from above.

They did everything together; his childhood and adolescence memories were filled with moments the three shared, Razaan and his family were the only ones he could call his own. Yet now all that was left was beautiful memories they will cherish forever.

While revisiting the bittersweet memories, the journey from the at-home office to their bedroom became short. Upon reaching the room, Asfandyar's eyes simultaneously fell upon the angelic figure sleeping peacefully in bed, bringing a faint smile on his lips.

Climbing in bed, he carefully wrapped his masculine arms around Ruhbal's hourglass waist, snuggling ever so close to her.

Before drifting into a gentle slumber, the last thing Asfandyar's faint voice spoke that beautiful twilight was.

"I love you, Ruh; more than you could ever imagine. I promise I will make everything better even if it cost me my own happiness."

And with that, the two broken souls drifted into a much deeper slumber, hoping and praying for a better tomorrow.

»»--❖--««