Kabanata 27

Philippines

"It's so nice to work with you raffy. I'll surely recommend you to my friends and relatives. You're good at this field huh." I shyly smiled at her.

"It's my pleasure to work with you miss guarnes or should I say... misis heasgez." mahinhin naman itong tumawa at kunwaring pinalo ang kamay ko.

After a week nagkaschedule na rin ang meeting namin. She's the one who will be the bride of the wedding that will happen 2 weeks from now. Siya 'yong nirekomendahan ni nathan.

"I'll give you the invitation once it's done raffy. I apologize for leaving first. I just have to run some errands. I had a good time with you miss." tumayo na ako at nakipag kamay sakanya.

"No biggie ma'am. I'll wait for your invitation then. Congratulation on your wedding. Best wishes to the both of you."

"Thank you dear. And please enjoy your coffee. This café serves the best coffee. I hope you like it." I smiled at her.

"I will ma'am. Thank you for trusting our shop. We'll do our best for you to have an ostentatious wedding you deserve." her face turned into awed.

"Now, I fell bad for leaving a softie like you." I immediately shakes my head.

"Please don't be--"

"If I could have someone-- oh there he is." napatingin naman ako sa tinitingnan niya.

And there is nathan, rocking his three piece suit and making the girls in the this café turns to his direction. I saw how miss guarnes waves at him.

"Oh hi nathan! Over here!" nilingon naman kami ni nathan at tinanggal nito ang suot na shade at kumaway sa 'min habang ngumingiti kaya kita ang dimple nitong maliit.

"I didn't expect that I will see the both of you here Gaile and... Raffy." he said when he stopped infront of us.

"Oh common' nathan. Im always everywhere. Anyway, you have a... business here?" inalok nitong maupo si nathan kaya nasa tapat nila akong dalawa.

I drink my coffee while listening to them. Napansin ko rin na panay ang tingin sa'kin ni nathan habang naguusap silang dalawa. Kaya medyo hindi ako naging komportable kaya tinuon ko na lang ang atensyon ko sa iniinom ko.

"No I haven't. I'm just here for a drink. I want to freshen' my mind because works are stressing me... a lot." miss guarnes chuckled.

Nang magtama ang tingin namin ni nathan ay agad ako nitong nginitian kaya sinuklian ko naman ito.

"So.. im guessing that you two talk about your wedding, right?" sabay naman kaming napatango.

"Omg! I forgot that I have some errands to do. Is it okay if I leave the both of you?"

"It's okay miss guarnes. You should go. It seems like you really need to go. We're fine here." i said while smiling.

Hindi rin nagtagal ay umalis na ito kaya kami na lang dalawa ni nathan ang natira. Nakatingin lang ito sa'kin kaya ngumiti na lang ako.

"Ahm.. you want a drink, nathan?" para naman itong natauhan.

"Ah yes... sorry 'bout that. I'll just get my own drink." he panicky said. I chuckled kaya tumitig ito sa'kin. I cleared my throat before talking to him.

"Sure.. I'll wait you here nathan." ngumiti naman ito kaya lumitaw ang dimple nito. Nagpaalam ulit ito bago nagmamadaling pumunta sa counter.

I knew that he has something for me. He's very vocal about it. But I already told him that I can't reciprocate his feelings for me. And he said that he understand that. But he will not stop what he feels for me.