19

"So he had an accident?" Tae asked, looking at Jungkook, who nodded still looking at the road.

"But... Uncle Park never told us about it." Tae mumbled, now looking ahead as well.

Jungkook and Tae were going to get their mother's birthday present. Jungkook was driving and Tae was seated beside him on the passenger seat.

"Hmm.. neither did Jimin's mother, or the maids of that house, even when j clearly asked them about his past." Jungkook said, with a small frowing, still driving looking at the road.

"But why would they hide it?" Tae asked, looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook just shrugged, not knowing the answer to that question himself.

After a few more minutes they finally reached their destination, and Tae's eyes and mouth hung wide open.

"You gotta be kidding me." He said, looking at the huge board over the orphanage's front gate.

Jungkook just smiled and parked the car before stepping out.

"Kook!" Tae called him, stepping out himself, looking at his older brother with big eyes, while Jungkook just continued walking with a smug look on his face.

They entered the orphanage building, and kids were playing around.

"You are not doing what I think you are doing right?" Tae asked, rushing to walk beside his brother.

"What do you think I am doing?" Jungkook asked with a smirk, still not stopping, making his way to the administrative block.

"Buying the whole damn orphanage for Mom's birthday present?!" Tae almost shouted.

Jungkook chuckled and shrugged, "Well, I always wanted to gift this to her."

"You are not doing this just for Mom, are you?" Tae asked, almost tearing up.

Jungkook finally stopped and turned towards his brother, "I know how much this place means to you. And I'd be more than proud if you take charge of this once you get old enough." Jungkook said ruffling his baby brother's hair affectionately.

"Hyung..." Tae mumbled with trembling lips and teary eyes, before hugging Jungkook tightly, who gladly hugged him back.

They finally made the way inside the office, where an old, extremely old and grumpy lady was sitting on the desk.

Jungkook and Tae exchanged a look before finally going in.

"Good morning Ma'am." Jungkook said respectfully. "I am Jeon Jungkook. I am here to finish the paper work for the ownership of this orphanage."

"Oh.... Yeah.... Yeah... Sit... down..." The old day said, each word elongated more more required, in her trembling voice. She slowly, extremely slowly got up, while Jungkook sat on the chair in front of her desk, while Tae looked around, at the shelf of books, albums and papers on one corner.

The lady opened a cabinet, mind you, extremely slowly and made her way back to the desk with a file, giving it to Jungkook.

Jungkook just blinked at her and took the file, going through it. While Tae had fortunately found the file with the documents regarding the adopted kids record.

Tae smiled looking through the old pictures of the children, some of whom he knew and had spent his childhood with. He kept on going through the papers, looking for his own record.

"Ma'am... Um.." Jungkook frowned at the papers and looked at the lady a bit hesitant, "Everhthing else is alright... but why is my name misspelled here? It's Jeon Jungkook, not Jeon.... Jungcock." Jungkook said a bit embarrassed.

"I... have... been.... working.... here... for... the... past... 40... years.... do.... you... think... I'll... make .... a... mistake...?" The old lady asked, almost growling in her husky old voice.

Jungkook just gulped but then was interrupted by a chuckled from his brother.

"You do make a hell lot of mistakes lady." Tae said, going through the papers in his hands, "My name mentioned here is Kim Teayang, isn't of Kim Taehyung." He chuckled again, looking at the next name,
"Kang Denial. Who even keeps their kid's name Denial?" Tae laughed and Jungkook chuckled before going through the papers again, well, all the times his name was mentioned, it was misspelled, the same way.

" Jung Hoesuck." Tae read the names, laughing at each of them.

"Park Seojune"

"Park Hornsick"

"Park Jaemin"

"Well, that one kinda sounded like Jimin." Jungkook chucked still looking through the papers in his hands.

"It... It is Jimin..." Tae mumbled, shocked, but Jungkook heard him.

Jungkook looked at his brother, eyebrows furrowed, "What?"

Tae looked at him with wide eyes.
"It is Jimin, kook." Tae said, giving the paper to Jungkook, who got up, seeing Jimin's old photo, around when he was 10 years old, stuck beside the name.

What gave him even a bigger shock was when he read the name of the parents who adopted him. It was indeed, the Park couple.

"Jimin is not their real son?" Jungkook mumbled, frowning looking at the paper in his hands, not understanding what to do.

_________________________________________

Feedback?