11

"Have you got the information that your Aunt wants?"

Jieun tightens the hold of her glass of water when her Dad asks her the question that she has been avoiding, "I was busy with the student council Dad. Jungkook was just mostly around with his friends, that's it," she said as she puts the glass on the table. 

Her mom who is now in the process of reconciling with her dad stays silent. It has been 8 months since their last fight. Although her dad still checks on her mom 24/7 having trust issues after what has happened. Her father mentioned before something that irritates the hell out of Jieun, it was about him comparing why their mom cheating was a bigger deal than when he does it. He explained how women are more affectionate and follow their emotions recklessly than men.

Jieun almost blurted out the words, "If women are more likely to follow their emotions I would have killed you by now." But it ended up how she was covered up with guilt by her thoughts.

"We need to gather more information about Jeon Jungkook or else your mom will lose her job. You already had 10 months to do so, what's so hard about getting close with your nephew Lee Jieun?" his Dad sternly asked.

She wants to talk back, she wants to ask why should she be the one who has to do the dirty work, if her father hadn't resigned from his work... if her mother didn't cheat on her dad... she shrugs off the thoughts that she wanted to say but she knew it will never result in any good but pain towards her mother who is guilty enough already. 

A lump on her throat was there for her to endure but tries so hard to produce a response for her parents, "I'll try to gather some, I know where they are right now. Don't worry," she said and at the same time she heard her mom's sigh. 

"Good. Do it as much as possible. This is for all of us, you know that right?" she nods at the question that her parent asked. 

After getting ready, she immediately heads off to her summer job at a local 7/11 store. She needs to save for college, she needs to save up some money for emergency purposes too. When she stepped foot in the store, she sees Eun Woo organizing in between the shelves. She recognizes him immediately aside from she's part of the student council, which doesn't count since Eun Woo is one of the few students who have no offenses, La Coste is a small community that you will instantly familiarize every people that has resides in the area.

"Good morning! Uhh, I'm sorry for being late," she greeted as Eun Woo didn't even look in her direction and just gave her a nod, she knew to herself that she is not late but still sorry for Eun Woo doing everything earlier, "What tasks are left unfinished yet? I'll do it," she asks despite the awkward and cold treatment.

Eun Woo finally glances at her and over her shoulder which is the counter, "Arrange the items near the counter," his only response and went back to organizing.

She applies for this job since the slot for the morning shifts is available. She just needs to try finding a night shift job to fill her schedule—it's the best option to have extra income than relying on one.