28

Jieun has been excellent at suppressing her emotions, she has never been controlled over it ever since today

The whole evening with Jungkook has been crushing her inside along with the news about her family. She should have taken the call but at the same time, she could not put herself to put all of the blame on Jungkook.

Messages from her Myungsoo oppa flash on her screen while she's on the way to the main building of the hospital where he said the room is. 

"Jieun-ah, where are you?"

"Your mom is looking for you."

"I'm coming to your house, there's an emergency."

"Answer my call, Jieun-ah!"

"Your sister got an asthma attack again, answer me!"

Her urge to punch herself was so strong that the only thing that is stopping here is the people in the hospital might think she needs medication too. 

Jieun immediately opens the door when she reached the said room of her sister and as soon as she enters, a familiar figure of an old woman in her late 50's with a branded and expensive accessories is immediately noticed around her neck. 

Her aunt flaunts how rich she is everywhere she goes even if it is in a hospital.

"Here's Jieun, Jigguk-ah. Where have you been, young lady? Your parents are worried and your sister needed you. You should be responsible for your little sister's well-being at all times. Your parents cant supervise 24/7 so the older siblings should act as the 2nd parent," she says with her authoritative tone as she's trying to calm herself by taking out her expensive fan and cools herself with it.

She could see that her mom is calming her aunt and his dad looks after her little sister. Jieun went straight to her sister without greeting nor responding to her aunt. A nasal cannula is already attached to her which triggers Jieun's eyes to get teary, looking at her sister's state, she remembers how many months her sister has to stay inside the hospital because of her asthma.

"Oh? Look at your ungrateful and disrespectful child! Did you just ignore me? Jigguk, how did both of you raised a savage like that girl?" Jieun forms a fist as she hears her aunt scolding both of her parents this time. 

Beside her, she hears her father clears his throat and sees in her peripheral vision that her father is already facing her, "Respect your aunt, Lee Jieun. I did not raise you to be a disgrace. You arrived late, don't give us another reason to make us feel disappointed in you even more."

Both of her shoulders fell because of what just her father had said in front of her aunt. She could not believe that all she did for the family is still not enough plus a disappointment. 

Jieun lets out a scoff as she faces her aunt with her face devoided of emotion. She slowly bows, emphasizing her moves, showing a 90 degrees bow at the old lady who asks for it, "Sorry for my disappointing behavior Tita Eve. I will reflect on my actions in the future and will try to be a better daughter and older sister in this family."