38

"You should have gone with the others

"You should have gone with the others. You're in your 10th grade now, this year is your last year in Junior High. I tell you, your senior years will be hell! You're not going to have this free time to party after junior high."

Jieun stares at Jungkook who's right beside her holding her hand while his thumb is caressing it, "Are you even listening?" she sighs and looks at the road they're taking, "Time waits for no one, Jungkook-ah. You should not take advantage of every second of your youth."

His grip tightens as he swings their hands back and forth while walking, "That is why I am spending it with you. I'm not wasting every second of it, as much as I want to be with you and take you somewhere today, I respect your decision to stay at home with your family. If I could buy a house beside yours, I would," he said in a hoarse voice. 

She couldn't stop her heart to beat ten times than normal. Something about this feeling that is scaring her, worrying her... Thinking that Jungkook has been too fond of her, she's asking herself if it is healthy or not. 

"Jungkook-ah..."

"Damn. I miss you, even if you're here beside me noona... Even if I'm holding your hand. I always feel like I'm gonna lose you every time we're together and I should hold on to you close enough to feel you are not going anywhere," he sighs and chuckles a bit, "Am I too clingy? I'm sorry. I don't want you to feel responsible for me. I want you to think of me when you need someone than run away."

No words are coming out of her mouth as she just stares at the sun shining brightly on them. The wind is blowing against her hair and somehow even if they're under the scorching sun, it feels a little cold than burning.

"The kiss..."

The swinging of their hands starts to slow down when Jungkook opens up about the kiss. Jieun wanted to make him forget about it but at the same time not. Maybe it is the fear of commitment that is worrying her, maybe it was the fear of confessing coming out of their mouth. 

She was being reckless, the kiss was reckless, but it happened anyway, "Hmm... What about it? Should we forget it?" she said, it just came out of her mouth with a chuckle right after. It was more like a tease and a joke... or not. 

Then, she felt a tug of her hand that is holding his and notices that he stops his tracks while looking at her, "Do you want to forget about it? Did you... regret it?" he asks, the tone of his voice feels and sounds like he is almost scared to ask her the question. 

"I knew it. I knew it was too good to be true," he added and it was almost faint that it just went along with the wind but Jieun hears it perfectly. 

If Jieun was the same as she was weeks ago, she would straight-up lie about it. She would bluntly lie about how she regrets it and it was just a mistake that she wanted to forget. If Jieun would be able to suppress her feelings once again, she would.