35

"You're sure you already texted Jungkook?! Is he not present on the day we announced the meeting time?!"

Jieun could hear Jisoo being furious while talking to one of Jungkook's classmates. She could see her outside the bus since she is just seated on a one-person seat right in front, beside the entrance door.

Knowing Jungkook, the possibility of him waking up late is a common thing, Jieun thought. Although, he could have known the consequence if he will be late for their CAT final rites. He could be eliminated and all of the hard work of training will be put to waste.

She shakes her head and looks at her wristwatch, it is already 7:12 AM. They should be at the campsite by now and did the morning jog but instead, they are still outside their campus waiting for Jungkook.

"I'm here ma'am!"

Every aspirant inside the bus looks behind from the window where Jungkook is dashing towards Jisoo with messy wet hair like he just took a shower and went straight here. He is holding a huge black gym bag on his right shoulders and a tumbler on his left hand.

He catches his breath when he finally stands right in front of Jisoo, their Corps Commander, "I'm so sorry I'm late, ma'am! I forgot to set the alarm for Saturday. I will not do-"

"Get your fucking ass inside the bus! I don't need your explanation!" she cuts his apology as she pinches his right ear while dragging him inside, "You will be dead meat later, I swear to the ends of the earth," she was cursing him to death.

Jungkook despite wincing in pain from Jisoo's grip, the moment that he sees Jieun as he is entering the bus made her chuckle for a second.

Jisoo enters the bus first while Jungkook is busy smiling at Jieun, who is trying so hard not to look at him back, "Sit on the back. Squeeze yourself beside them since you decided to be late, embrace the suck!" she said and sat on the seat across Jieun.

He sees that on the back they are already four of them sitting right next to each other. There is still a place for him but his built is kind of a threat to the four who are already at the back holding their bags.

Jieun thought that she would hear death threats or muttered curses towards Jungkook but all she could hear is, "Sit next to me, Jungkook! My seatmate would be glad to exchange with you so that you could be comfortable!" as if it is a race and an honor that a Jeon Jungkook would sit next to them.

She just avoids the commotion and the elephant in the room as she leans over near the window and just enjoys the view.

"I will just stand here."

Her head immediately turns to Jungkook who's declining all of the seats offers and starts to place his bag on the floor as he is holding on to the poll.

"But Jungkook-ah! You will be more comfortable here. You have been so tired, you should sit in a comfortable seat."

Jieun tries her hardest to not roll her eyes at the flirty tone of whoever offered him a seat. She sees that Jungkook shakes his head to decline and shyly smiles while wiping his drenched in sweat face with a white towel.