13

"I'm so full!"

"I'm so full!"

Jieun leans her back towards the chair as she places both of her hands on her stomach, "You literally bought the whole Harry Potter to me!" she says grinning like a kid again which Jungkook misses the most since she is likely to be strict and grumpy nowadays.

"You're happy?" he feels like he needed to make sure she is. 

She stares at her, shock by his sudden and unexpected question, "Of course I am silly! Can't you still not notice? Are you that insensible?" she says as she makes her smile more obvious and laughs about his innocence and unawareness.

Something in her laugh that is very addictive to Jeon Jungkook. She laughs so hard that people near them look at her thinking and probably frightened that the supposed-to-be Harry Potter-themed shop has turned into a Wizard of Oz theme since they thought they heard the Wicked Witch of the West laughing.

But in front of her wishes that she could laugh like that more often and he added that he wants to watch her like this too. He can't contain his smile as he looks at the girl that made all of his worries away just by mere laughing.

Finally, when Jieun tries to tone down her laugh, she looks at the smiling and shy Jungkook,  "Yah! You should not be like that, okay? What if someone will confess to you and you'll be insensitive? Even though you didn't mean it, you should try to...

Finally, when Jieun tries to tone down her laugh, she looks at the smiling and shy Jungkook,  "Yah! You should not be like that, okay? What if someone will confess to you and you'll be insensitive? Even though you didn't mean it, you should try to observe people more. Don't be nervous, you're fine just the way you are," she says and she gave him the last Ton-Tongue Toffee that she notices that he likes the most since it is chocolate, "You should not doubt everyone's feelings, 'mmkay?"

She knew how his parents ground him about everything ever since they were kids. They were always strict and conscious at who he be friends with. He was always shy whenever they meet every holiday but they are the only ones who are around the same age that they ended up the ones talking and playing.

The boy nods his head at the girl while his smile including his eyes is still visible on his face that made her smile too, "You know what, tell me the truth! Do you already have a girlfriend? These days, kids are so fast in that area," she says as she switches into a sunbaenim mode.

"No! I— I don't have one," Jungkook answers who is defensive at first but back to his faint voice as his ears down to his neck turn red. Nevertheless, his smile is visible too since the girl in front of her is asking him about his love life.

His smile made Jieun lean forward and places her elbow on the table to support her from investigating the boy in front of her, "So, what about Lisa? The dumplings mention her often especially that girl Rosé who dedicated the song Pretty Boy for you during an intermission," she says as her eyes squint to intimidate him more, "Oh and that Tzuyu! I remember we brought her to detention when she squeals so loud when you accepted her letter, she was cute," Jieun laughs at the memory.

Jungkook immediately shakes his head violently and drinks one shot of the remaining of his butterbeer, "No... None of them are my... Girlfriend," he was trying so hard to cool his heated face as he slowly fans himself using his hands like a fan.

Jieun forms her right hand into an L line using her pointer and thumb then places it under her chin playfully and acting as an investigator, "You know I'm not gonna snitch on you to your family right?" she smiles but at the back of her mind she was like pulled out to reality when she realizes that she is totally giving her family information about him. It is kind of her job— the job that she was forced into.

"I really don't have one!" he insisted and made Jieun divert her attention from her sad reality.

The girl just smiles, "Okay, pretty boy. Let's just say you're telling the truth. What's your ideal type anyway? I could help you find someone. It could totally help you with your social skills," she says.

His face went serious as he is looking at the girl in front and straight-up said, "You."

It totally took Jieun back. Her stomach's organs were going crazy which is very alien to her since most of the time she only feels this wild zoo in her stomach when it comes to her crushes that are mostly finessing their way to please her and they are pretty much an expert on it since they are mostly her sunbaenim or oppa.

Jungkook, on the other hand, notices her reaction which is serious and not the same as smiley Jieun like before. His hands start to exert cold sweat as his body starts to tense. He keeps on imagining the worst scenarios of her rejecting him—of her not seeing her again this close. He's afraid he might lose those smiles again and it terrifies him so bad. 

But he was surprised when he hears a laugh, "Oh my goodness! So it is really true? You're not interacting with the other girls? Jeon Jungkook!" she says looking so amused at him and leaning her back on her seat looking at Jungkook, "I'm not the only girl you should look at! Wow, you're so innocent. Arrasseo! Let's let the destiny find a perfect match for you, you're obviously not ready," she chuckles and sips on her drink. 

Jungkook feels like he should feel relief after her reaction but he wasn't. He was nowhere near relief nor happy. Some part of him wanted to risk it, a part of him wants to tell her that he doesn't like the idea of him being destined with other girls. He hates how she said about him being innocent and being not ready.

He hates it. He feels so defeated.

"Oh, it's 4:00 PM already! I still have to meet someone. He's gonna help me find another summer job, is it okay?" she said looking at her phone and then at him.

Trying to wash away his thoughts, he bit his lower lip to hide his melancholy as he is clenching his fist under the table, "Y-Yeah! Uhh... Who's the guy that is helping you?" he asks, he noticed right away when she mentioned 'he' in her sentence.

Jieun smiles at him as she inserts her cellphone inside the front pocket of her pants, "Myungsoo oppa," she says and takes her last bite of one of the cakes. 

Jungkook tries to get it together, as he could not look at her without making it obvious that he is upset—that he is jealous. Somehow, she reads him so well and after what happened, he could not risk being open with his feelings right now. 

Everything is clear and obvious that it is not him who's in her heart. Who would he be kidding at? He's the one who fell for a relative— for his aunt. He went overboard, he mistook everything that they share for something else. He felt so naive for thinking that they could be possible, or is it just a normal puppy love that would soon wither away? He thought with his broken young heart.

He prays for the latter but burns for the former.