29

"You really should thank all of the saints for giving us a second chance to present Lee Jieun! I almost lost it earlier! You almost put our scholarship in jeopardy!"

Ahra has been scolding her for the whole time as they are heading towards the main canteen to eat their lunch.

"I apologized to you a thousand times already and we got a perfect score didn't we?" she smiles at her friend who's not buying it and still gives her a cold stare.

Despite how grade-conscious and uptight Ahra is, Jieun still feels closer to her since they share the same worries in life. That is why no matter how harsh her words may be, she still receives them and tell her some comforting words to calm her down.

Her friend rolls her eyes and takes a deep breath to calm herself. She looks at Jieun and pinches her waist, "You owe me bread for scaring the shit out of me the entire morning," and she walks faster before Jieun towards the cafeteria.

Jieun takes out her phone and went to Messenger then click on the group chat that Jiyeon, Irene, and Suzy are in too.

She types, "Lunch?" and presses send but the message isn't received by anyone which means three of her friends are not online—which also means that she will only eat lunch with Ahra again.

Her group of friends tries to spend time with each other after going on their separate ways when they are choosing their senior high school tracks and strands. Jieun and Jiyeon both chose academic tracks as Jieun went to the ABM strand while Jiyeon went to STEM. Irene and Suzy took the technical-vocational track as Irene chose Tourism while Suzy chose Cookery.

The four of them met on the same road—they still could not believe that Senior High would guide them towards different paths for their separate dreams but no strands, dreams nor tracks will break their friendship, only toxic and unreal friends would do that.

On their way to the canteen, she can spot the field meters away from where she is. JIeun sees that her CAT sunbaenim, Jang Ki Yong, and his colleagues in front of a group of students which she predicts are the future aspirants for this year. 

Whenever she sees the sight of the first orientation for the aspirants, memories of all the hardships and survivals flash before her eyes. It does not traumatize Jieun but more like she's proud that she survived it and gained the position of Alpha Company Commander. Not the highest position but she tried her best and her scholarship is still hers so it is one of her memories that she will forever cherish.

She was about to look after Ah Ra towards the main canteen but her Ki Yong sunbaenim sees her and waves at her. Her sunbaenim earns all of her respect after 2 years of being his aspirant and being her colleague as one of the officers in the CAT community. 

This means that she has to at least go towards the meeting and introduce herself to the new aspirants. 

Jieun smiles and waves back, in where she is, she could totally see the ones that she first trained after she became an officer especially the Corps Commander Jisoo, whom she got attached to throughout their training.