"I Am Not Clay "

Next day. morning at the Clubhouse. 

Happy and i walked into the garage.

Unser was lying on the couch. 

Gemma had found him with a ripped open stomach. Tara was sewing his wound shut.

Chibs to Jax  " Hey, clubhouse is clear. All the action happened in here. Your mom found him."

Gemma "Found him hanging from the goddamn lift. "

Jax "- Are you okay? "

Gemma nodded "Yeah. "

Jax "Who was it? "

Unser "Three of them. White, ski masks. Asshole did the cutting had these Nazi hooks tatted on his neck. "

Jax "Did they say anything? "

Unser " Yeah, there was some back and forth on how bad to carve me up.  They didn't sound too organized. "

We heard bikes pulled up. 

Chibs " Sam Dino. "

Jax "We're gonna find who did this. "

Unser "And then what? "

Jax sighed. 

Outside. 

Jax to Tig " Put Phil and V-Lin on the gun warehouse. Hey, no one rides alone. "

Tig noded "Yeah, done. "

Chibs "What brings you north? "

Packer "Oh, we got this family thing in Folsom tomorrow. I thought I'd stop by and get a little face time with Mother. "

Me " You might. "

Packer " What's going on? "

Jax "Morning visit from the Hitler Youth. Let's get everyone to the table. "

Chibs nodded " Come on, boys. You, too. Come on, son. "

In front of the room. 

My phone buzzed and i answered the call "Hello?"

Wendy "Hey, it's Wendy. You got a minute? "

Me "What?"

Wendy " Well... Tara's lawyer reached out to me. Um, she wants me to sign off on the guardianship. I guess Tara's drawing up another will or something. "

I scoffed, shaking my head "that little whore. When? "

Wendy "  I don't know. But we need to talk. I have an hour at lunch. "

Me " My house. "

Wendy " Okay. I'll see you then. "

At the table. 

Jax " Black must've realized they can use Clay to their advantage. Had him take out an Aryan shot caller for protection. "

Me "shit. And we get to deal with the payback while he's spooning Mandingo. "

Happy "We're locked down till we know who. "

Yates "Why would Marks give you the heads up? "

Jax " We got business with Pope Industries. They're just protecting their investment. "

Tig " Do you think these Nazis had anything to do with that girl getting killed? "

Jax shook his head " I don't know. "

Packer "If they were gonna kill anybody, they would've killed your guy."

Chibs "Well, we gotta find out who "they" are. "

Jax "Darby. "

Juice " He's been out for almost two years. Married one of his Mexican workers."

Jax nodded "That's exactly why he'll know. You don't just turn your back on the brotherhood. He's gonna be sleeping with one eye open. "

Chibs " Well, we got the Irish in town. More of them KG-9's. So we got to set up a meet with them."

Jax "I was hoping our SoCal brothers could help us with that. Maybe take a little of the Irish trade. "

Packer shook his head "Sorry, boys. Charter voted it down. "

Yates "We're here to show respect for the offer. "

Jax "We'll deal with the Irish after Darby. "

Everyone stood up. 

I looked at Jax "Can I have a minute, Pres? "

Everyone walked out except Jax. 

Me "Saw the little private chat that you had with Gaalan. Is that what this is about? Handing the guns off to Sam Dino?"

Jax " Irish are never gonna let us walk away unless we give the cause another pipeline. "

Me"You're making decisions... big decisions... without bringing 'em here. That's not how this works. "

He chuckled " "How this works"? Look at this goddamn charter, Sel. We have become the whipping boy for the IRA and the cartel. We've dwindled to six guys, while RICO and this psycho marshal circles us, just waiting for us to make the next bad move. Girl, nothing here works. I'm trying to change that. I'm trying to give us a future. And yes, if that means stepping outside the lines, or making a couple calls on the fly, then that is exactly what I am gonna do. "

I nodded " Wow. You know who you sound like? The guy who used to sit in that seat. "

Jax " Everything I do in this club is for this club. I'm not Clay. I never will be. "

Me "wouldn't be so sure about that, babe"

Jax scoffed and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. 

At my house. 

Me " Anything else from Lowen? "

Wendy "Just messages. From Tara. But that's what I need to talk to you about. She found out I came to you for help. "

Me "Well, what'd she say? "

Wendy "Something has happened with her, Sel. I don't know if it's the hand, or having gotten arrested, but it... I know she's been through some awful shit, but she scares me. "

I raised an eyebrow " Scares you how? "

Wendy "I don't know, like... like she's completely... disconnected. And she's so hell-bent on getting those boys out of Charming that she's not even thinking about how bad it could hurt them. I'm worried. "

I nodded "Mm-mm. Those boys aren't going anywhere. "

Wendy " I hope not. You better be careful, because she knows you're her biggest obstacle. "

I nodded " Mm-hmm. "