"Opie Would Have Believed Me"

A few days later. At my house. 

I haven't talked to Jax in days. Tara put a restraining order on my ass, whore. 

Jax is mad at me and to be honest i am done trying to fight for this man. 

I am done with him. 

There was a knock on my door and i opened it. 

Me "oh fuck no"

Wendy "can we talk?"

I let her in " What'd she promise you? Some kind of... custody, visitation deal? "

Wendy "Does it really even matter? "

I nodded "I'm the one who's supposed to be hopeless here, sweetheart. Was any of it true? The newcomer attack? Wow. Tapping into my rape rage to bond. Brilliant. Your idea or Tara's? "

Wendy shook her head  " I'm not gonna do this. "

Me "Oh, it's too late for that, darling. It's already done. Tara's very smart. Very ambitious. But she's not blood. I don't know how, but eventually Jax is gonna realize what she's done. And the question for you is... when he finds out the truth, what side of the fence do you want to be on? "

Wendy "I'm starting to realize that, uh... I lose either way. "

I shook my head "Oh, no, it doesn't have to be that way. You backed the wrong horse. I'm giving you a chance to change your bet. Help me prove what she's done. "

Wendy " And what? You're gonna be the one who gives me time with my son? "

I shook my head " No. I'll make sure Jax doesn't kill you- can't promise that i won't be the one pulling the trigger though. Think it over. "

Then she walked out. 

Night. At Jackson's house. 

I was in Jackson's bedroom packing my bag. 

There was shadow in the door frame. It was Jackson. 

No one said anything. 

Jackson "you got nothing to say?"

Me "i should've never come back to Charming"

Then i turned to him, hurt "What do you want me to say? I'm done. I'm done with you"

Jackson "what you did to Tara-"

Me "i did not touch that girl, Jackson. I didn't touch her. unlike you"

Jackson raised an eyebrow. 

Me "cheating is one thing but knocking her up?"

He looked down.

I asked hurt "do you really think that i would hurt a pregnant woman? you - my husband, do you really think that?"

Jackson looked at me "she had a miscarriage-"

Me "She slammed herself against that table. I was too shocked to react when she told me that you cheated on me"

Jackson "Sel, i am-"

I shook my head "no, i am not mad you, Jackson, i am tired. I am tired of this relationship i have with you"

Then i sat down on the bed "you know, i yell at you - call you names from a to z but at the end of the day - i am mad at myself. I am the one to blame"

He looked at me confused. 

Me "i am mad at myself for believing that you actually chose me. We were happy, Jax, - that's what i thought. "

I sobbed out "what is so wrong with me that you can't commit to me in the way i am committing to you. Why can't you just believe?"

Jax shook his head "there's nothing wrong with you. She lost the baby, Sel"

I shook my head, in tears "i should have never come back to Charming, i should have never agreed on coming back to the table. "

Jax shook his head "Selena-"

I took my ring off and put it on the counter "i should have never married you, Jackson"

Jax shook his head "Selena, come on-"

Me "This marriage was a mistake. We were a mistake"

I put a hand on his cheek "i love you ,Jackson, you know i do. I love you so much it hurts but i don't think i deserve to be someone with who doesn't love me the same way i love them"

Jax "i love you, Sel"

Me "then you wouldn't have slept with her. Then you would believe when i tell you that i did touch her. I shouldn't beg you to have my back. I am done with you, i am officially done with you. I am staying out of your kids' lives and out of yours and Tara. Have as much babies as you want, we are done. I hope you are happy that you broke me. You shattered me, Jackson"

He looked down. 

I wiped the tears away and grabbed my back "you know what hurts most?"

Jackson looked at me. 

Me "Opie would have believed me."

Then i walked out.