"You're Out. Remember?"

Next day. morning. At the hospital. 

I was still in the hospital, great. I hate it here and it was boring as fuck. My wound had been sewed shut and was healing without any problems. I was really feeling better. 

Phil walked inside "uh she said she was family"

Then Wendy walked inside and i glared at her. 

Me "you have got to be kidding me"

I looked at Phil "it's okay"

He nodded and closed the door. 

Wendy "that's a big one"

She was carrying a bucket of flowers. She put them down on the bedside. 

Me "thank you"

Wendy nodded "sure. I'm sorry for just barging in like that. I wasn't sure if you were awake or not"

Me "what are you doing here, Wendy?"

Wendy "I'm running a program in your HR department. And i heard you were up here"

I nodded "Yeah. I thought you were in Seattle"

Wendy nodded "i was. Sober living. I just moved back two weeks ago. And i got a job at recovery center in Lathrop. We do a lot of hospital and corporate stuff, so.."

I nodded "Good for you. "

Wendy "can i ask what happened to you?"

Me "I got stabbed"

She grimaced "sorry"

I nodded. 

Wendy "i heard about Tara's and Jax's son, Thomas. I thought you and him would end up together"

I nodded "and we did but then we didn't, then we did and then we didn't and now we're here"

Wendy nodded. 

Me "i don't know what to say, Wendy"

Wendy "same"

She sighed "I've been just waiting for the right time to reach out"

Me "in what world is me being in the hospital all stitched up the right time, Wendy?"

Wendy "I don't want to cause any trouble"

Me "what the hell do you want, Wendy?"

Wendy "i want to see my son"

I nodded "And i want to get out of this hospital. Looks like we both want things that won't happen anytime soon"

Wendy "Sel-"

Me "i am his mother, Wendy. I was the one who raised him when you walked away"

She nodded "i know. And i am grateful you were here to do that, but legally, i am still his mother" 

Me "you gave up your rights. "

Wendy "Custody, yes. not the right for him to know the truth. My number's on the card. Just tell Jax I'll be in touch. I'm going to see my son"

Then she walked out. 

I sighed and leaned back. 

Then i looked at the flowers, grabbed them and threw them to the ground. 

I cried out when i felt the pain in my stomach. 

Fuck, i ripped one of the stitches.

 ------

Juice walked inside "Hey, Sel, how you doing?"

I nodded "good for someone who got stabbed three times"