Chapter 6 - Lessons from Edgy Reggie

The next day whizzed by, whenever Severus tried to approach Lily to appologize he was warned away by a hard glare from James and I. Of course Lily was annoyed at both Severus and James but she was slowly warming up to James, he was sweet when he wanted to be.

We walked out of charms, the last lesson of the day. I knew I should approach Regulus at some point but he was in the year below so I didn't know what classes he had. I had also never spoken to him when he wasn't alone and you didn't need to be a genius to guess he was different around his friends.

Luckily, I didn't need to find him. He was walking down our way with his friends, the crowd of students for them parted for them except my friend group of course. Too proud for that nonsense. Regulus bashed into me and looked down at me "watch it Potter." he snapped and kept walking.

There was no trace of the small smile on his face when I had seen him on those few occasions, his face was an expressionless mask. The same one Sirius wore in any situation with his family. "Tosser." I muttered but when I reached into my pocket I found a neatly folded bit of parchment. .

Library, 5 O'clock
- R.A.B

He clearly didn't want his friends knowing he had to hang out with a filthy blood traitor like me. Alot of purebloods looked down on the Potters for their relaxed ways, I was thankful my family were as accepting as they were.

I had an hour to get ready, I just unpacked my books from the day and packed my potions notes and it didn't hurt to brush my hair through either.

Sirius, James- all my friends actually didn't need to know I was sort of excited to see him. It was stupid and just a phase of course but it was nice to have something to be excited for while it lasted.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。.

4:55pm, time to walk to the library. I would be a little late, then I didn't look too keen. This was just studying honestly what was I doing? I walked down to the library, I didn't have my tie or robe on anymore as it was after school and those were the more uncomfortable parts of the uniform.

I walked into the library right to one of the most hidden back tables where Regulus would no doubt be, oh look I was right. "Alright?" I asked as I sat down next to him, getting out my books. "you know the shoving into me was a bit extra, would it bruise your reputation that much just to talk to me?" I raised my eyebrows and looked over at him.

He smirked and rested his elbows on the table, his chin on his hands. "Yes it would. Besides the note was very sneaky on my part you have to give me that."

"I suppose so." It annoyed me that he wouldn't even talk to me unless we were alone more than I wanted to let it.

"Come on then, let's see how disastrous these notes are now you're here." Regulus said and took one of my books. He then went through correcting all the facts I had written down, it was true I didn't pay attention very well then I just scribbled down whatever I could remember. My memory wasn't always great it seemed.

I couldn't help but notice how he but his bottom lip a little when he concentrated and when he wrote, he had very fancy swirly handwriting. I realized I was staring and blinked looking away, hopefully he wouldn't notice. "Seems you don't concentrate enough. Have a habit of zoning out darling?" He smirked and looked over at me as he handed me my notes now corrected.

I felt a blush rising to my cheeks and I looked down at my notes hoping he wouldn't notice. "yeah sometimes." I admitted and watched as he looked down at me in amusement.

"I noticed." He said simply and I wanted the floor to swallow me up right there. "right let's quiz you on mood detecting potions after that disaster the other day." He teased.

Surprisingly, I got most of the questions right that he asked me. See I wasn't stupid I just didn't put effort into things I didn't find interesting. For example, the boys and I had spent the last couple of years working on a map that pin pointed everyone in the school every minute of every day, it even moved as the staircases did. It was Remus's genius, he put most the work into it we had all just helped him but now it was finished and it was a great reward for all our hard work. We were all clever when we wanted to be.

"You see I'm not stupid so you don't need to tutor me." Having a tutor was sort of embarrassing, I wished there were other ways I could be able to speak to Regulus.

Regulus looked at me in amusement "I'm sure you're not but Dumbledore asked me to. You're not the only one reluctant to be here however, if my mother found out I was here with a Potter." He shook his head.

TW: domestic violence, scars.
Oh I knew all about Walburga Black, Sirius had told me some things he was too nervous to tell the boys. He had shown me the silver scars running up his legs from where he acted out of line and his mother thought he needed to be taught a lesson. I decided not to mention it, Regulus was the golden boy anyway and Sirius tried to annoy his mother on purpose.

TW OVER

"Well it's not like I'm going to go around saying how I get tutored don't worry." I huffed, I really hated how elitist purebloods were. The Potters didn't care who their children married so suddenly we were a disgrace to the name of pureblood. A lot of purebloods loved my family of course, my parents christmas parties were always big but houses like the Black family wouldnt be seen with us.

"Well I don't find your company that dreadful even if I'm technically forced to be here." Regulus stated while folding a spare bit of parchment into a little swan.

"Thanks a lot Edgy Reggie." I smirked, my eyes widened as I realized I said that to his face. It was always something I would say with the marauders, Sirius liked making jokes about things that upset him as a way of coping and we always laughed with him.

Regulus blinked "what-"

"Oh it's nothing never mind." I shook my head.

"Edgy Reggie?" I was pretty sure Regulus Black had never been called a name in his life. It was about time.

"Well you are kind of edgy." I chuckled really just digging a hole for myself here.

"Call me that again and I'll hex you." He said simply but I could see a small smile tugging at his lips.

Sorry Edgy Reggie, was what I wanted to say. But instead I studied and chatted with him for the next hour and started to see more and more how he actually wasn't that bad.

((Thanks for 100 views, I found out yesterday someone I know got COVID so I need to self isolate for 10 days which means I'll get A LOT of writing done so yeah see you in the next chapter
- Author :)