Chapter 89 - Sibling Bonding

James POV :

"James. I want to marry your sister."

My eyes widened in shock. "You want to marry
y/n?"

He nodded. "I know it's the proper thing to do to ask the father first but I don't know when the next time is that I'll see Mr Potter so I came to ask you. I know I've done some stupid things in the past but well...you know my situation and I know I really love her."

I was silent for a moment. Not really sure what to say. "Reg mate, you seem like an alright boy and I have no problem with your relationship but whether you love each other or not you're on the wrong side of a big war." I didn't want to be too harsh to the poor boy but this sounded ludicrous to me. "You want to marry my sister while fighting against her? You do realise how this sounds."

"I know I know but I'm going to be a spy for Dumbledore. I have some leads which could end the war once and for all. If I leave they will quite literally kill me but it doesn't mean I'm not fighting, James." He said not breaking eye contact once.

"You don't even want to be seen with her in the great hall but you want to marry her?" I really couldn't get my head around it. "This is preposterous! I think you have a few things to sort out before you think about that mate."

He sighed. "I understand I really do but I love her and I do everything I can to look out for her you know that surely. How did your exam go with that felix felicis potion that I payed Sev to brew by the way? Seems like yesterday she needed you to stand up for her and you told her to sit back down. I would give my life for hers do you know that?"

Maybe he was right. I should have stood up for her yesterday I just wanted everyone to get along like we used to. The tensions of the future were eating away at us all. "Look I'm sorry." I sighed. "You're no use to y/n a dead man though, remember that. You make her happy. She loves you. If you want to go and propose you have my blessing but if you get her caught up in things that you're caught up in...then I'll kill you myself." I said seriously.

Reg nodded with a small smile. "I understand."

"And now tell me what would have happened if I'd have said no?"

He shrugged "I would have asked anyway. Just thought I'd be courteous about it first." He said with a smirk and I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Remember what I said though yeah? I look forward to seeing more public appearances from you two as well." I told him before walking back to the Gryffindor tower "and she isn't taking your last name!" I yelled over my shoulder.

                                           •

Y/N's POV :

Everyone else had gone up to bed and I was sat up studying. Sometimes I got random motivation late at night. James walked into the common room and I smiled. "Hey prongs."

He came and sat next to me. "Y/N I think I need to apologise to you."

I closed my book and looked at him confused "what for?"

"I should have stood up for you when Peter was being like that. Obviously I pulled him for a chat but when he carried on...I don't know it just breaks my heart when people argue. I love everyone and I love how we all get on but you're my sister. My blood. We were born at each others side and I don't want you to feel like I was putting Pete first. It was selfish of me and I'm sorry." My brother was sweet. He really did just want the best for everyone. He was such a moral perfectionist that whenever he did something bad he really beat himself up.

"Oh shush I had already forgotten it." I smiled and hugged him. "I'm sorry for losing my shit so much with Wormy. I love you James but I don't want to be known as James Potter's sister or Regulus Black's girlfriend. I am my own person."

"You are. You're not known as that I promise." He smiled. "We are very similar but you can do things I can't."

"Like what?" I frowned "you're the golden boy, you're good at everything and everyone loves you. I'm just trying to pull my shit together after that breakdown I think I ruined my reputation." I sighed.

"Oh sod you're reputation! I've heard you play guitar you're great! I can hardly hold a note! I'm proud to be your brother." James was so good at making me feel better.

I smiled. He was honestly making emotional we had been a bit distant lately. "Would we still be friends if you weren't my brother?" I asked him.

"I'd bloody hope so." He chuckled. "I take you for granted sometimes I think. I mean you're always there but I haven't seen you as much lately I think we need some sibling bonding time!"

I laughed "I was about to ask, I've missed hanging out with you. We only really hang out just us when we're at home. Promise we won't grow apart when we're all grown up."

"I promise. What if we get houses that are next door to each other? You can pop round whenever you want and we can prank Evans together?" He grinned.

I chuckled and nodded "that's a great idea."

"You're the best sister ever y/n. No one knows me like you do don't forget that." He said giving me a hug.

I squeezed him tightly. "You too James."

((Again a very short chapter I do apologise the next will be longer. Hope everyone has a great week !
- Author :)