Chapter 34 - We will, we will rock you

"No you can't see me like this." I shook my head, I had a huge bruise on the side of my head from where Snape hit me.

Reg shook his head "Don't be an idiot I came here as soon as I heard you were hurt."

"How did you find out?" I asked, the last thing I wanted was the entire school knowing. It was just embarrassing.

"Marlene of course." He said like it was obvious and it really was. "Who did this?" He looked like he would murder Snape so I shook my head.

"I can't tell you that because you'll do something bad." I protested and he sat down on the chair next to my bed.

"They fucking tortured you of course I'm going to get them back!" He sounded really angry but not at me, if we found out it was Snape it would be very bad.

"Reg I'm so tired of these fights between the groups. It's endless. He tried to get at Moony, I punched him, he used curcio on me, it won't end. I'm putting a stop to it. When it really comes down to it they're far more cruel, willing to do far more."  It had gone from name calling to torture curses and someone needed to put a stop to it.

"You don't want to know what I'll do in order to protect you." He said solemnly and his eyes widened as something clicked and he realized who did it. "Severus did it!? I'm going to kill him." The thing with Reg, is he never made a promise he didn't follow up on.

"Reg don't. Just wait until you calm down okay? I don't need more drama," I shuffled over on my bed to make room for him "come here."

We squeezed into my hospital bed together and he put his arms around me protectively. "I've seen that curse before Y/n," he said quietly "the fact that he did that to you-"

"I know." I whispered and kissed him gently "I'm ok though."

"And what were you doing at 4 in the morning by the Slytherin common room?" He asked with a  small smile as he played with my hair.

"You'll find out." I grinned.

"Give me a hint."

"No." I shook my head with a smirk "stay here and you'll see. It's a marauders prank there's my hint."

"I secretly love those little pranks you know." He chuckled.

"Well how could anyone not." It felt nice having Reg there, I wasn't afraid of Snape. Maybe a little but he had used the torture curse on me of course I was. But having Reg next to me made me feel better.

Stomp stomp clap.
Stomp stomp clap.

"What the hell is going on?" Reg asked and got up to poke his head around the curtain. The prank was into action and all the paintings started stomping and clapping into the time of we will rock you. 

"Buddy you're a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man some day.
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace.
Kicking your can all over the place."

Every portrait in the castle started singing and the verse of we will rock you rang out from the entire castle. Everyone looked out in confusion, some muggleborn students singing along which was the best bit. I grinned over at Reg "And that's what I was doing at 4am."

"That's fucking brilliant." Reg grinned over at me and I couldn't help but smile despite being in aching pain. "Is this another Queen song?" He asked me, looking down at me with that smile he had reserved only for me.

"Yup, wait for the guitar bit it's amazing." I smiled, he picked me up bridal style and carried me just outside the hospital wing so I could see Filch running around frantically, trying to work out how on earth to make this stop but we had cleverly charmed it so when he tried to silence it, it only got louder. Muggle-born students were singing along and some other students were laughing at the commotion, everyone knew who was behind it.

"Y/n I want people to know about us. As long as my family don't find out it's alright but everyone here is scared of me so they won't dare do anything. But I'll only make it public if that's okay with you." He said to me still holding me in his arms and I put my arms around his shoulders.

"It's your decision to make, but if you put yourself in danger I won't be happy okay?" I smiled and kissed him, he kissed me back smiling a little against my lips.

The song finished and there was a round of applause from outside, I just knew James and Sirius were somewhere having the time of their lives right now. "Come on you need to get your rest so you can get out of here." He carried me back and gently placed me down in my bed, who knew Regulus Black could ever be so caring.

"Stay here with me." I opened my arms for a cuddle, I felt slightly clingy but that was because I had a pretty traumatic night which I was still in pain from and Regulus somehow provided more comfort than even Lily, Marlene or James.

Got into my bed next to me and held me close to him "I'll never let anyone hurt you like that again, you hear? No one touches you." He was so protective over me and it made me smile.

"I know." I smiled softly and put my head on his chest, he played with my hair and hummed to me softly with that pretty voice of his until I fell asleep.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

Regulus's POV :

I felt guilty leaving her there when she looked so happy in my arms, smiling softly even though she was asleep. But I had something to do, something she would never let me do if she was awake. Being careful not to wake her, I slipped away from the position we were cuddling in and gently pulled the blanket over her. Then I walked out of the hospital wing and into the corridors, where was Severus Snape?

I watched him go into the third floor boys toilets and quickened my pace so I could catch up. By the time I got in there, he was washing his bony hands (for once) when he saw my reflection in the mirror, I must admit I looked furious. And I was. "Alright Reg? You'll never guess what I did-"

How dare he try to tell me like it was some kind of achievement. "I know what you did Severus." I said coldly and drew my wand. He looked at me in confusion.

"Reg?"

"Sectumsempera!" That was spell he had showed me himself, invented it for y/n's brother, the sick bastard. He stumbled to the floor as blood poured from his chest, running onto the cold stone floor around him. I knew it couldn't kill, he was too cowardly for the consequences of that. But it would hurt, a lot. Good. I crouched down next to him, careful not to get his blood on my shoes "If you even so much as look in my girlfriend's direction for too long, I'll kill you." I whispered and walked out of the bathroom, leaving him there, whimpering in pain as his body was slowly drained of blood.
I didn't feel bad, I didn't feel anything.
Job done.

((Living for the angst as usual
- Author