Chapter 70 - Christmas break 1977 pt 3

James, Sirius and Peter played quidditch in the garden as Remus, Lily and I helped my mum decorate the Christmas cake. James and Sirius were the chasers and poor Peter had no chance as the keeper. None of us fancied going outside as the snow was falling again and it was freezing.

Lily sprinkled icing sugar over the top as Remus and I made a snowman out of fondant icing. Remus rolled up the white icing for the body and I spent ages cutting little red and yellow squares then rolling them together to make a Gryffindor scarf.

"We're so artsy." I grinned and handed the scarf for Remus to put on the snowman because I didn't trust myself.

Remus and Lily chuckled and Lily started to make a little Christmas tree out of fondant icing. "This cake looks so good." She smiled. Her red hair was tied in a braid with strands out at the front so she could see what she was doing and not get icing in her hair.

From the garden we could hear "Oh come on wormy this is easy!"

"I'm trying!"

Sirius was clearly getting frustrated at Peter's questionable quidditch skills, of course James was being so good sport as always and not saying anything even though I knew he liked a challenge more than anything. James was just happy to be flying on his broom.

"If Sirius doesn't play nicer he won't be getting any cake." Lily smirked, sounding like a mother at the ripe age of 17.

"Then he'll throw a tantrum." Remus laughed. I laughed and then I heard a hushed voice coming from inside my pocket.

"Y/n...Y/n are you there?"

I quickly got out the mirror and used the counter spell to make sure he could hear me. The mirror showed Reg's reflection, he was in his room in Grimauld place, looking around nervously every now and then. His eyes lit up when he saw me and you could almost see the weight coming off his shoulders. "Reg!" I smiled.

I had never seen inside Grimauld place but it didn't look like a nice family home. From what I could tell, Reg had a mahogany wood bed and his walls were a rich dark green. He had a Slytherin poster up (probably more acceptable in that house than Sirius's Gryffindor ones) and the whole room looked sort of dark and intimidating. I could see why Reg hated going home.

"I found the mirror, it's pretty handy. I thought I'd just check it works." He shrugged then cast a silencing charm on his room. "Where are you right now am I interrupting anything?"

"No we're just decorating a cake look." I smiled proudly and made it so the mirror could see the cake. "I'm with Remus and Lily, Sirius, James and Peter are out in the garden playing quidditch. Mental."

"You better keep practicing, or I'll beat you in the match we have coming back." Reg grinned playfully.

"You can try but we're unstoppable!" I smirked, Gryffindor definitely had a winning streak.

"Well I don't know, someone needs to humble you lot." Reg challenged. We bantered about a bit and I went out of the kitchen into the sitting room. There was no one else around except my cat so I sat down next to him on one of our warm red fabric sofas and held the mirror, I couldn't actually see how I looked but I didn't care I just wanted to talk to Reg.

"Has everything been okay so far?" I asked a little quieter, hushing my voice down.

He nodded and kept his voice even quieter than it already was. "Yeah my father said they had something planned for me. I don't know what it is but- I don't know what to do y/n it can't be good." He was wearing wizard robes now he was at home and overall he looked very neat and tidy, probably because he was being scrutinized all the time. One thing I noticed was a locket around his neck, it was emerald green and had a snake on it. That was new.