Chapter 37 - A chance for James???

Sirius and Mary broke up not long after that, they said they were going to stay friends it was just clear they weren't the best couple and I was rather surprised how well they were both taking it.

Marlene seemed surprisingly relieved when Mary told all the girls that night in the dorm. Mary liked to play with Marlene's hair, and Marlene was letting her put braids in her silky blonde hair then untie them only to redo them again, no one else was allowed to touch her hair. Just Mary. "Don't get another boyfriend too quickly." Marlene mumbled.

Mary raised an eyebrow and looked down at her curiously "Why not?"

Marlene was silent for a minute and Lily and I exchanged glances. "Just- don't."

Mary chuckled "I don't plan on it. I think I'll be single for a while, have some fun." She smiled.

"It's Quidditch practice tomorrow isn't it?" Lily asked, Marlene and I were both on the team so we would know.

"Yes but it's only James drilling the seeker which means neither of us will be playing." I answered her and got into my bed feeling drowsy, Marlene had basically fallen asleep in Mary's lap.

Lily blushed "Alright I'll be studying in the library tomorrow." I didn't know why she was blushing but she got under the covers of her bed too.

We all said goodnight and dozed off into sleep to the sound of the crackling wood-burner in the middle of our dorm and the purring of my cat Wilbur.

I woke up early that morning to get some early studying done then I wanted to see Reg. Not many students were about yet and I spotted Lily in the library gazing out the window overlooking the quidditch pitch where James was zipping around on his broom. "Morning Lils." I grinned.

She blushed and opened her untouched book quickly looking flustered. "Good morning."

"Lovely view here isn't it?" I teased and sat on the desk on the spot next to hers.

"Oh shush."

"Why are you staring out the window like that anyway?" I smirked.

"Don't make me say it." Lily looked like she wanted the floor to swallow her up.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed and she hit my gently with her book, in a playful manner to get me to shut up.

"Shut up would you!" She laughed, her cheeks rosy red with embarrassment.

"You fancy my brother!" I whispered, there was no one in the library yet except for a few other keen N.E.W.T students.

"Please don't tell anyone. You know how embarrassing this is? I've been turning him down for years, I told him I would rather date the giant squid in the lake than date him. What if I don't meet his expectations? I'm not perfect." Lily sniffed, Lily Evans didn't show weakness so I knew for her to be ranting to me took a lot of trust.

"James hasn't made up a version of you in his head you know. He likes you for you." I smiled softly. "Are you going to tell him?"

She shook her head "I don't think so. I'll let things play out. How can I tell him I like him after years of turning him down?"

"Just tell him, you're so well suited for each other." It was hard not to feel a little bitter, not that I would ever take it out on them. Sirius and Remus had to hide their relationship because homophobia, I had a hundred complications with Reg because of our families and I half knew when it really came down to it we couldn't be together. All I had was hope I was wrong. Lily and James were perfect for each other and would live long happy lives together, no problem.
I was extremely happy for them despite wishing I had that for myself.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

Later on in the day, I went to find Reg. He was with Barty and that girl Diana. I was all for girls supporting girls but she made my blood boil. They were in the courtyard, Reg had his attention focused on a book as he often did when he wanted to be left alone. His dark hair falling over his face slightly and his fingers held a cigarette to his lips, Barty was next to him and Diana was trying to put daisies in his hair which was clearly annoying his as he tried to flick her away.

"Reg." I smiled and walked up to him, he looked up with a  smile when he saw me. Without hesitation, I grabbed him by the tie and pulled him into a kiss as a little fuck you to Diana.

When we pulled away, he had a smirk on his face as he looked me up and down. "Hey." He put his arms around my waist.

"What's all this?" I laughed while getting daisies out his hair, Diana glared daggers at me and I smiled sweetly at her. "Nice to meet you, I'm
Y/n Potter. Reg might have mentioned me."

"No he hasn't actually." She stated, she was pretty but she currently looked as if she was sucking a lemon.

"Well it's a good time to get acquainted, this is my girlfriend." Reg pulled me onto his lap, I usually wouldn't have been so... Touchy in public. I didn't want to be that couple that always had their toungues down each other's throats but I had a point to make.

"Well," Diana said trying to sound sweet but she looked like she wanted to kill me. "Who knew Reg went for more personality than looks. I would never have seen you two ending up together, your not his usual type and all but yeah it's cute."

I frowned at her backhanded compliments, what a cow. Barty was quiet throughout the whole encounter just watching the show. "Well as you have neither I suggest you keep your mouth shut and stop insulting her." Reg said looking over at Diana who looked stunned. No boy had ever spoken to her like that before clearly. She never got rejected. He exhaled smoke and the wind conveniently carried it in her direction.

I didn't really know what to say throughout the whole thing so I just put my head on Reg's shoulder. Barty burst out laughing at his comment and Reg stood up still holding me in his arms "We're going to do something a little more fun, see you later." And with that he carried me away and we went to my dorm.

"Reg that was mean." I chided him as he opened the door to my dorm and sat down on my bed with me on his lap.

"She had it coming. You know I don't like it when people treat you bad." He shrugged and looked up at me, I could practically see the love in his blue eyes and I cupped his face in my hands. My boy.

"I wasn't that bothered, it's kind of hot though." I grinned and kissed him. Before I knew it, he was on top of me kissing me deeply as he unbuttoned my school blouse. He kissed down my neck, leaving purple marks in a line down my neck and chest. I layed back and sighed at the sensation of his lips and tongue on my chest. Just as it was about to go further, Marlene walked in.

She screamed in shock and smacked her hand over her eyes even though really we were both only without shirts. "Sorry!" She squealed and crashed into the door frame in a hurry to get out before successfully leaving the room.

I couldn't help but laugh and Reg did too, poor Marlene. "Good job she didn't walk in any later." He smirked, his eyes navigating over my body then looking me in the eyes.

"Maybe I should lock the door?" I waved my wand and we heard the lock click.

"Now I can do whatever I want with you Princess." He smirked and pinned my hands above my head. I felt myself blushing as I became lost for words, embarrassing how he had that effect in me. "Aww you're so pretty speechless, won't last long though." He whispered in my ear and I knew exactly what he meant as he cast a silencing charm and you can imagine what happened next.

((Bahaha maybe now is a good time to tell y'all I'm a ✨minor✨ anyway thanks for 7k reads love ya all
- Author :)