Chapter 87

"We need to do some serious thinking lads!" James paced up and down the boys dorm stroking his chin in thought.
Sirius sat on his bed lazily smoking a cigarette and Remus was sat on his bed scribbling away in a notebook. Peter was just watching James waiting for him to say something. I sat on Sirius's bed and he handed me his cigarette to have a toke of. "We need to go out with a bang! We need something Hogwarts will never forget! Bigger than ever before!"

"What if we get more people involved? More magic, more power, bigger prank." I suggested.

Sirius didn't look too pleased with that idea. "Like who?"

"Other houses-"

"Not Slytherin!" Sirius sat upright in protest.

"No not Slytherin, but the other two. I'm sure it is not just us who would love to prank the Slytherin. Over the last 7 years we have made quite a name for ourselves. Why don't we get others involved, show unity and all that." I explained and James nodded.

"We don't need other people we're the marauders." Sirius shook his head and ashed his cigarette in the ash tray on his bed side table.

Remus put his note book down and looked at Sirius. "Yeah we are but I think it's a good idea, then we can do something really big."

"I'm not coming up with all those nicknames I'm not giving them the map! I'm completely against it." Sirius crossed his arms.

"Think of it more as a collaboration. Of course all these people won't actually be marauders more Marauders and co." I explained.

"Wouldn't it be, Marauders, y/n Potter and co? I mean you're not really one of us y/n you're just James's sister." Peter shrugged and I felt strangely offended by that. I knew I was not a marauder but I didn't like the think my closest friends thought of me and just James's sister.

"She is my sister too!" Sirius said making a face at Peter.

"And mine." Said Remus coming to my defence which was nice.

"Pete." James sighed. "A word."

And with that, James and Peter left the dorm.

"Is that really how I'm seen?" I asked Sirius and Remus. "Should I go?"

"No y/n stay." Remus shook his head.

"You're more marauder than he is. He's annoyed me so much this year but we all share a dorm so I ignore him. You should ignore him too. Or give him a smack. I prefer the second option." Sirius smirked.

"I love my brother and I know he's great but I am my own person..." I frowned.

"Yes you are and we love you for that." Remus said giving me a comforting smile. "Peter's Peter."

"Peter's Peter." I sighed.

They came back in and Peter frowned "Sorry y/n I didn't mean offence."

"Are you sure?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Guys stop it! We're trying to plan the best prank Hogwarts has ever seen here stay focused!" James urged us. "I like the collaboration idea put a poster in the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common room. We're all getting one back of the Slytherins." He smiled.

"I'm sorry but why does y/n even want to do this when she's dating a Slytherin?" Peter piped up and everyone shot him a glare.

"That Slytherin is also my brother are you going to question why I'm still here?" Sirius asked him, daring him to.

"We'll...no." Peter went bright red. "But you're a guy so it's different."

"Oh no girls allowed is it?" I stood up. "Grow up Peter you pathetic sack of shit or shall we see how a girl can punch?"

Everyone looked a bit shocked I had never really snapped at Peter like that before. Sirius grinned amused and James shook his head. "Stop it! We're all friends! This is supposed to be fun!"

"It was until the little rat opened his mouth." I began walking over to Peter in a rage. He had been making comments about everyone for ages and I was done with it.

James stood in the middle of us. "Were you not just talking about unity?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Yeah until someone basically told me I shouldn't even be here." I was so angry I wanted to drag Peter to the astronomy tower by his big ears and throw him off of it.

Peter had nothing to say for himself so he just hid behind James, as usual. "Please y/n sit back down." James said gently. I wanted to round house kick Peter in the face but it wasn't worth upsetting my brother over so I sat down. "Any ideas on what spells we need to use to actually make this work?"

"I have one or two." Remus smiled and I could tell he definitely had more than that.

                                          •

In between exam revision I was making posters for both the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common room to let them know about this collaborative prank.
I found Pandora in the corridors "Pandora!" I smiled.

"Y/n." She smiled at me "I haven't seen you in a while."

"No it's been hectic I've missed you. How are you finding exams?" I asked her.

"Not so bad, I've been studying a lot and I think it's paying off. What about you?"

"I've been the same. Hey I have something to show you." I pulled out the poster for the Ravenclaw common room. "I know some Slytherins are awful to you so I thought this might be of interest."

She took time reading the poster, it read

MARAUDERS GRAND FINALE

Come to Flitwick's classroom Wednesday at 8 o'clock to be part of the marauders grand finale prank.
(Years 5-7)

"You're inviting the rest of the school to prank the Slytherins?" She asked with a smile.

"That's right." I nodded. "Could you pin this up in your common room and make sure everyone sees it?"

"Certainly." She smiled "It's nice to be invited to things. It's like having friends."

"We are friends Pandora."

"That's nice." She smiled "I have a lot of studying to do but I'll be at the meeting, see you soon y/n!" She gave me a wave and walked off, her long platinum blonde hair flowing behind her like a golden river as she walked.

That was Ravenclaw sorted now I needed to find a Hufflepuff.

After walking for a while I passed Freddie and sighed. "Freddie."

He turned around looking confused on why I was talking to him. "Y/n?" We weren't exactly on great terms so this was sort of awkward.

"Could you put this in your common room please?" I said handing him the poster.

"Why should I do you any favours?" He frowned. We hadn't spoken in a long time because now I was with Reg. I regretting going as far as I did with him, I had ruined our friendship.

"Do you want to see the best Slytherin prank of all time?" I asked him.

"Well yeah..."

"Wonderful thanks!" I smiled and left it at that. I was determined to give as much as I could to this prank to prove Peter wrong.

((Look at me uploading again
I have been reading back to recap my own story lol and honestly it's been sort of fun but I have changed as a person since writing this and some parts rlly do make me cringe but it's too late now ! I'm not sure when this story got to 380K reads but that's crazy I never expected that at all so thank you to everyone reading all the comments really motivates me to write
- Author :))