Chapter 11 - Halloween

Halloween came round in a heartbeat, the castle was decorated with pumpkins and the four house tables were set out for the feast. Hogwarts feasts were always something we looked forward to, the food was just immaculate and you felt like you would be full for days after.

I hadn't spoken to Reg since the conversation in the corridors, I wasn't quite sure why it had upset me so much but it had. Was I really nothing? Why did I want to be something? I had been asking myself these questions for days and not yet found an answer. I understood why he said it but it still hurt.

We walked in happily to the Hall and sat down at the end of the Gryffindor table away from the teachers as usual, where we could be loud and chaotic. We had figured out a way to transfigure all the goblets into fire works and set them off at the same time. I shared a mischievous grin with Sirius as we sat down.

Once everyone was sat down and the food appeared, James gave us the nod and we cast our spells, concentrating hard to make them all go at the same time. Suddenly, the Hall was filled with loud cracks and bangs of red and gold. We made sure to cast a charm meaning the fireworks disappeared before they fell down again. Some people screamed, some people smiled and laughed, we didn't need to put our names on it. They all knew it was us.

Some red and gold confetti fell down and I let Peter get it out my hair. "Success boys! And girl!" Sirius grinned playfully and we all high fived each other. Pranks like this earned us some scornful looks from the Slytherin table, not that we cared. I looked over at Regulus to see he as already looking over at me and I quickly looked away. He was best avoided.

We ate and ate and ate until we were completely full, then went back to our dorms to get ready for the party. James had told us all we would have to keep a low profile to avoid fights, but when had we ever kept a low profile in our lives?

I showered and dried my hair, I put some cute clips and beads in it other than that I let it hang naturally. I put on an emerald green silk party dress, it was short and was tight on my body in all the right places yet it was classy as well. I had a better chance of blending in like this. I put on some gold rings and necklaces, a pair of heels, then I was ready to go. Marlene was getting ready too, never one to miss out on a party. She helped do my eye makeup and I brushed through her blonde hair, curling it for her.

We both walked downstairs grinning excitedly, parties were fun as it was but sneaking into a party was even better because it had the extra hint of crime. The boys were dressed up nicely too and Five years by David Bowie was the song on the common room record player, Sirius had a leather jacket and everything. He looked like a muggle rock star, I think he did it on purpose in case he saw Regulus. I was really hoping I didn't bump into him.

"You look fit" Sirius told us, he wasn't hitting on us that was just the Sirius way.

"You too darling." I grinned, we actually dated in third year. It lasted two whole weeks and we both decided it was too weird and we should stay friends, now we laughed about it.

"I still don't think this is a good idea-" Remus tried to reason with us as we walked to the dungeons where the Slytherin common room was.

"Oh shush don't be such a wet blanket." I grinned and the wall parted in half for us, we were in the Slytherin common room. For very good reasons, I had never been there before. It was sort of like the Gryffindor common room but green with black leather sofas. It was right under the black lake and the watery light shone down through some sky lights. There was loud music which I recognized to be 'gimme gimme gimme' by ABBA playing. The snakes on the tapestries seemed to be enchanted to move and there were green laser disco lights whizzing around.

"Oh look there's Snivellus." James grinned, Snape was in a corner, too self conscious to dance with a glass full of God knows what.

"Come on babe come dance with me." Marlene smirked and I pulled her on to the dance floor. We laughed and danced together and twist and shout by the Beatles came on. I had learned a lot of muggle songs thanks to Lily and Mary so I knew all the lyrics as Marlene and I sang them together.

I danced with a couple of guys, not even knowing who they were but that didn't matter, it was a party after all. Soon, I caught sight of Regulus who looked green with jealousy. Good. I made direct eye contact with him as I got even closer to the person I was dancing to just to annoy him then looked away. He looked away too except he looked like he was trying not to look annoyed.

"Chug chug chug!" A group of people chanted, Sirius was on a table chugging a pint of butter beer, bathing in the attention he was getting. I laughed and clapped when he downed the cup and everyone cheered. So much for keeping a low profile.

In light of keeping a low profile, James set off a bunch of firecrackers that whizzed overhead. I told Marlene I would be right back and went over to the drinks table as soon as I saw Mulciber was gone. I did not want to bump into him. I poured myself some fire whiskey and took a shot, it felt like swallowing literal fire.

"Fancy seeing you here." Regulus walked up to me and leaned against the wall next to me.

"Careful Reg, someone might see you with me." I said dryly and poured myself some butter beer.

"It's dark and crowded. I think it will be fine." Reg shrugged. I had to admit he looked good, he had a nice black shirt on and his dark curls were neatly done. He smelled of expensive cologne.

"Oh goody! Come to grace me with your presence?" I said sarcastically, I wasn't going to forgive him that easy.

"You've been driving me crazy all night you know that?" Regulus looked me up and down. I noticed he was getting closer but I actually didn't mind, almost like I wanted that to happen.

"Can't believe you let a Gryffindor have that effect on you." I smirked until I felt his hand around my neck, now I was against the wall. I really really wanted to kiss him. "Well well, whatever would Mulciber and Barty think?"

"They don't need to know." He whispered in my ear, making me shiver a little. He leaned in and kissed me, this wasn't like the kiss we had when it was just the first thing that popped into my head. This was more passionate, we both wanted so much more. I pulled him in by his belt loops and ran my hands up his torso until I snaked by arms around his shoulders. Everything about this was absolutely forbidden but it felt so right. So much for not doing it again.

He pulled away for air and looked me in the eyes, I could get lost in those blue eyes of his. I left soft kisses up his neck, he let out a soft sigh and I smirked. "Do you want to take this some where else?" He asked quietly.

I stood on my tip toes and whispered in his ear, echoing some words he had said to his friends a few days before about me.
"As if."

((Party chapter teehee also idk why I had FiVe YeArS playing on Halloween what a coincidence but yeah hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you in the next one
Also thank you for 300 reads!
- Author :)