Chapter 72 - Christmas break 1977 pt 5

((Warning : there are some pretty dark themes in this chapter like death so please keep that in mind))

Soon it was time for Christmas dinner. My cousins came over first, Narcissa and Bellatrix. Along with their husbands, Rodulphus Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy. I never really spoke to Rodulphus but he had to be a bit weird to want to marry Bellatrix and Lucius was a stuck up blonde prick.

I enjoyed the company of Narcissa, she was in her sixth year at Hogwarts as I started my first. We stuck together as pure bloods despite the age gap and she was more of a big sister to me than a cousin. She was one of the few people who understood how it was to be a Black. But I didn't get why she loved Lucius. He was stuck up and snobby. But so was a lot of my family.

"Reg!" Narcissa smiled and gave me a quick hug. "Merry Christmas." I hadn't seen her in a while and she had dyed her naturally dark hair blonde, probably to fit in with the Malfoys.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled a little and hugged her back. "Lucius, good to see you." I gave her husband a polite nod.

"You've grown so much Regulus you must be... What fourth year at Hogwarts now?" Lucius was talking down to me on purpose. But unlike Sirius, I couldn't just lash out I had to have a stiff upper lip at all times.

"Sixth as it happens." I didn't see why he was talking like that when I was just as tall as him.

"Oh I couldn't tell. Hearing about your antics last Summer, I assumed you were younger, less wise. Associating with blood traitors, half breeds and mudbloods? Nasty." He sneered but was careful to keep his voice down.

I clenched my jaw staring right into his eyes, I had a role to play. "Yes well I've learned." I said stiffly.

"Oh leave the boy alone Lucius." Narcissa chided and took his arm. "Come on we must say hello to Aunt Walburga, good to see you again Regulus."

I smiled politely and went to greet the other relatives, it would be offensive if I didn't.

Someone came through the door a little later, he wore a dark cloak and when he took his hood down he had dark hair and deep green eyes. He could have passed for one of my cousins, probably was if he was pureblood, but I recognized him all to well. The man who gave me my dark mark, the man everyone here except me worshipped, Lord Voldemort.

Bellatrix was the first to hurry to welcome him then my mother, all these stuck up people fussing over him as if they were house elves.

We all went into the dining room for dinner and Voldemort sat down right at the head of the table, in my father's place but no one made any comment.

I sat down next to my mother and looked at the empty chair next to me where Sirius would have been. He would be currently stuffing his face at y/n's house or playing quidditch with James in the garden. While I was here eating dinner with the most evil wizard of our time.

"Regulus it is time you proved yourself once and for all, I see you have been wearing the locket of my ancestor, Salazar Slytherin. You will play a great role in keeping that safe but in time. For now, you must be given your first task." Voldemort looked right over at me and I kept my face blank as I always did. Just nodding simply, I was terrified of what this could be but I didn't show it.

"I'm ready." I nodded. I wasn't. I wanted to run, god I wanted to die but I couldn't afford to. "What will the task be Lord?"

"In Hogsmede, there are multiple houses with muggleborn residents. You are to destroy them all." He instructed as he cut up his food. I wasn't surprised but I felt like I wanted to puke. I had to kill people, multiple innocent people.

"I'll do it." I said calmly, I couldn't afford for my hand to start shaking or for my leg to start bouncing as it usually did when I got nervous.

"Yes you will. Today." He seemed satisfied at my reaction and my Mum smiled proudly as if I had become the cleverest student in my year when I had actually just agreed to kill people.

Today was a bit soon. "Alright." I agreed. "I'll go alone?"

"Bellatrix will be with you. Other than that yes. It will just be the two of you." Bellatrix smiled excitedly and looked over at me.

"This will be such fun Reggie!" She grinned as if we were making plans to go to a Quidditch match. "Look at you all grown up."

Grown up wasn't half as much fun as I thought it would be when I was younger. Who ever thought I'd end up here?

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

Hogsmede, 9pm. It was dark outside and the cold was bitter, our only light was the moon and the warm orange glow coming from the windows of each cottage. I wore a dark cloak with a hood covering my identity and I walked in silence with Bellatrix, carrying the weight of what I was about to do on my tired shoulders.

"Here's one of them." Bellatrix said looking at a cottage, I noticed it had a Black spot written discretely on the garden fence so we would know. She noticed my hesitation and grew impatient. "Well go on!"

"Incendio." I said with no emotion in my voice as I held out my wand and the cottage lit on fire. Bellatrix crackled with laughter and used a spell to move a garden bench infront of the front door so they were trapped.

We burnt down 3 more houses while the people inside burned alive and finally we were on the last one. The more I did the worse it got, sometimes I would hear them scream and cry out and still have to keep walking knowing I would do the same thing over again. This time, a woman ran out and looked at us, she clearly recognized we were death eaters because she stopped in her tracks. "No please! Please let me live!" She sobbed.

"Reggie kill her." Bellatrix grinned. "Do it!"

I held out my wand and looked at the air right next to her, not being able to look in her eyes. "Avada Kedavra."

She fell to the floor dead as her house burned behind her with her family inside.

((Quite a short chapter today but yeah thanks for 60kkkkkk
- Author :)