Chapter 61 - Cornu Lingua

My friends were disappointed in me that I had got back with Reg, James had very mixed feelings, more than anyone. He was glad I was happy but he was worried about the future and he didn't trust Reg at all. It didn't matter what they thought, it was better to be with him.

In charms class, I was sat in the middle of Marlene and Freddie which meant it was very fun and I hardly got any work done. "Hey y/n can we talk after?" Freddie asked with a smile. "I have something I need to tell you." A faint blush was appearing on his cheeks but I thought nothing of it.

"Yeah of course." I smiled "I have something to tell you too." I thought it was about time I told him I was back with Reg, he was my friend of course and he had to know our casual hookups weren't going to happen anymore. I didn't feel that guilty, I was just a hookup to him. We were just friends anyway and that was never misunderstood.

Outside of charms class, we stopped in the corridor and for some reason he looked nervous. "What's up?" I asked him with a smile.

"Ladies first." He smiled shyly, he couldn't make eye contact. Hopefully everything was alright.

"Okay, don't freak out but I got back together with Reg. I know everyone's told me I'm stupid but I really love him. He needs someone there for him, we need each other really. Anyway there's my news, now yours." When I looked at him, his smile was completely gone and he just looked so defeated. "What's the matter Freddie?"

"It's nothing important." He shook his head.

"No but it clearly is." I put my hand on his shoulder "You can talk to me."

"I was going to tell you that I loved you. But that doesn't matter anyway, because you've gone with fucking Black." He didn't sound angry just hurt which made it even worse. When someone is angry at you it's easy to deflect, but when you've hurt someone it's a thousand times worse.

"Freddie I- you're my friend I thought we were on the same page" I didn't even know what to say, of course I felt guilty but it was shock too.

"You completely lead me on y/n. So it was fine when I was giving you free weed and casual hookups because there were no feelings. It was more of a deal wasn't it? You just wanted a distraction from your blood supremacist boyfriend!" He frowned, raising his voice was little.

"Freddie I thought it was clear I didn't want anything serious! I even said so! I was always honest with you, I always made my intentions clear. I wasn't using you at all I saw a friend in you." I really didn't like how personal this was getting, I could understand he was hurt but no need to start an argument over it.

"I should've known, no one likes nice guys do they? You'd rather be with someone who would hate crime your friend when your back was turned." He was being hurtful now, a side to him I hadn't seen.

"Oh stop! Don't get angry just because I turned you down!" Now I was raising my voice too, if he wanted to be like that then let's go. "Freddie you knew I didn't want to be anything I'm sorry if you got the idea that it was different but it's not. I'm in love with Regulus and I can't change that. But you don't know him the way I do so don't start insulting him to me."

"What? Do you think you can change him is that it?" He raised his eye brows "Or is it just that you enjoy being someone's weakness."

"Freddie stop! You're being horrible!"

As I looked down the corridor, Reg was walking up to us. "Everything alright?" He asked but it was far more threatening to Freddie. He stood next to me, looking down at Freddie.

"Just fine." Freddie said stiffly, he was intimidated by Reg like many people.

"If it's fine then why can I hear y/n yelling from across the corridor?" He said calmly and crossed his arms. "You better not be bothering her. Is he bothering you darling?"

"I'm not-" Freddie began.

"I wasn't asking you." He shot him a glare that silenced him.

"No he isn't Reg, it's alright." I put my hand on his arm because I knew this could go one or two ways. We walked away, or Freddie went to the hospital wing.

"Y/n don't come running to me when you change your mind." Freddie said bitterly.

"When she changes her mind on what?" Regulus narrowed his blue eyes, I often forgot how he could be mean because it was never to me.

Freddie paused like he was deciding whether or not to open his mouth. "When she's tired of being a blood-supremacist's whore."

I was shocked by what Freddie had said, it was so unlike him. Regulus slammed Freddie against the stone wall by holding his tie "Watch your mouth." He growled "cornu lingua"
Freddie's toungue started to grow into a strange looking horn out of his mouth so he was unable to talk. "I went easy on you, I won't next time. Be careful." He threatened then let go. "Come on y/n I'll walk you to your next class."

We left before I even got the chance to apologize to Freddie for the hex, but I was upset at what he had said about me. "That wasn't like him at all." I frowned. "You were rather harsh."

"That was me feeling kind, I wasn't going to let that go unpunished. Only I get to call you that." He smirked and put his arm around me.

"Reg!" I laughed and leaned into him. It was sort of nice knowing he cared like that.

"How did it escalate to a screaming match anyway?" He asked me.

"He told me he wanted to be with me and got angry when I said I love you, he said I lead him on even though I made it clear I didn't want a relationship." I sighed "It's a shame, I thought he was my friend, he thinks that I used him. He most likely thinks I'm using you."

"Well it doesn't matter what he thinks Mon amor, he's just jealous." He grinned and pulled me into a kiss by my waist. He didn't care we were in the corridor, he saw it as showing off what was his. "I wanna make out with you right in front of him, see what he does." He smirked.

"Now now don't be mean." I grinned. I felt people's eyes on us but I didn't care at all. "Reg you need to teach me French so I can say whatever I want to you and only you or maybe Sirius would understand." I smiled up at him as we began walking again, holding hands.

"That would be funny." He agreed. "I'll teach you."

"Well next is charms and I'm already ahead in that so do you fancy skipping?" I asked him, gently swinging our hands because it was comfy.

"You're a little too willing to skip, you have N.E.W.T.S" He shook his head but there was that fond smile he only showed me.

"I miss you! I went ages without talking to you and now I want to see you even more. Just a one off." I smiled sweetly to try and get him to say yes.

"How could I ever say no to you." He laughed. "I'll be forcing you to study charms though at some point."

"You forget I'm one of the few people who won't do anything you say." I smirked.

"Well... It depends on the circumstances doesn't it?" He smirked softly and got a shove from me.

"How very dare you Regulus!" I gasped dramatically, mimicking his rather posh accent teasingly. James and I got teased by Remus for being posh but Reg was far more well spoken and Sirius used to be too.

"Don't mimick my accent!" He laughed "Or I'll hex you like I did to that Hufflepuff."

"You said that when I first called you Edgy Reggie." I challenged, crossing my arms with a smirk. "I'm still waiting for that one."

He rolled his eyes and picked me up, carrying me off to the room of requirement. "I'm still deciding on it."

((I've got my shit together and I'll be uploading as normal thanks for your patience 😩
- Author :)