Chapter 17 - Sweetie pie

Monday morning was usually a dreary affair, too asleep to pay attention to lessons and my friends knew now to give me my little bit of time to wake up before I could manage conversation. I sat with them for breakfast of course but they avoided talking to me too much which I was greatful for.

This morning was different, I was excited to see what Regulus was doing to prank Mulciber, we all knew I was a sucker for a good prank. I woke Marlene and Mary up gently, Lily was already awake and brushing through her bright red hair. Early bird of course.

"You look cheerful Y/n." Mary said sleepily and nestled down in her bed sheets, even on a Monday morning she was beautiful.

I shrugged, I knew exactly why I was but they didn't need to. "I have a good feeling about today." I said as I changed into my school uniform. I let the red tie just hang around my neck, it was uncomfortable to tie.

"Good, perhaps this morning I might dare to make conversation." Marlene grinned.

"Yeah it might not be so risky this morning." I chuckled and started doing my makeup ((if you don't wear makeup ignore that)) I brushed my teeth and hair then grabbed my bag ready to go down stairs.

We met the boys in the common room and headed down to the Hall. I caught Regulus's eye on the Slytherin table and gave him a quick smile which he returned. We all sat down, I made sure I was facing the Slytherin table. If you blinked you would miss it but I saw Reg discretely wave his wand in Mulciber's direction.

2 minutes later, Mulciber threw an egg at Lily which she luckily dodged "Watch it my lovely little sweetiepie." He realized what he said and gasped looking angry and confused. I realized Reg had swapped all the slurs he to cringey pet names. I burst out laughing at his embarrassment and as he tried to say it more it didn't change. James and Sirius were soon howling with laughter as was most of the Gryffindor table and some Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's.

Mulciber glared over at me, his cheeks red with rage and humiliation "Potter I know this is your doing you, you darling sugarplum" He stamped his feet like a toddler and stormed out the hall.

"Who did that then?" Marlene looked at the boys as she was wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes.

They all looked at each other in confusion "I thought it was one of you, y/n? You're good at charms." Sirius suggested.

"Yeah I've got no idea. Crazy." I looked over at Reg with a smirk and he winked at me. That boy really was everything.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。.

Regulus's POV :

I always thought I might be bad,
Now I know that its true,
Because I think you're so good,
And I'm nothing like you.

Seeing Y/n's eyes light up as she laughed made the entire spell worth it even if I got absolutely belted by Mulciber if he ever found out. I sort of enjoyed the excitement that came with doing things I wasn't supposed to be doing.

"Do you think we should go after him? Or give him a minute to cool down?" Barty asked, he was an absolute maniac to the point where I wondered if he had actual issues concerning empathy and such but for some reason Barty, Mulciber and Sniv- Severus all looked to me for the final word in things. Probably because I was a Black.

These friendships had almost been designed by our parents, the "right sort" To hang out with and it sort of left a forced awkward atmosphere sometimes. Up until quite recently I believed everything my parents had taught me, I was a Black that made me better. That's just how it was. But Y/n was making me question it all. If blood traitors were so bad then why was Y/n my favorite person? The system was flawed and I had given it up, not outwardly of course but as much as I could.

I sighed and put down the slice of toast I was eating, bloody Mulciber. Y/n once described him as a bulldog and I couldn't unsee it. I really didn't like that boy, at all, he was disgusting and an overall scumbag but I was stuck with him. "Might aswell. He curses mud-bloods when he's angry." Saying that word made me uncomfortable but I had a role to play.

Barty, Severus and I got up and walked out the hall. Severus had been whining about Lily for ages ever since the girl had cut him off, didn't blame her. 'I'll kill that swine Potter' he had said the night after in the common room, it was hard to tell if he was bluffing or not.

"It was Potter and his silly little friends I tell you." Severus grumbled as we walked out, I tried not to smirk knowing it was actually me.

"Be thankful they didn't do it to you, every time you talk about that MudBlood Evans they would probably change it to Not your girlfriend" Barty smirked and I laughed a little, I certainly liked Barty best out of that lot but I still didn't like him much.

Mulciber was in our dorm, he angrily punched a wall which just hurt his hand. It was a castle what did he expect? I rolled my eyes as he grumbled "How long until it wares off?"

"Dunno, a couple weeks? Bet it's that idiot brother of mine." I knew I didn't sound too bothered, but I really wasn't. Mulciber got what was coming to him and it was me who brought it on him.

"They think they can punch you, jinx us, now this!? This is war Reg. You need to stop acting soft like you have been lately. I can't wait until..."

"They'll get what's coming." I cut in. I knew the end of that sentence all too well and hearing it seemed to condemn my fate even more. "In time. We've got lessons. Perhaps you can call me soft when you don't storm out the hall like a toddler and when you stop hitting walls." I added cooly and swung my leather book bag over my shoulder before heading off to lessons.