Chapter 77 - Surprise date

It was no surprise we got looks walking out of the common room, Reg wasn't exactly very popular with the Gryffindors. Some people gave each other looks, some whispered but I ignored it.

"Where are we going?" I asked, we walked down the stairs.

"To a mystery location I've prepared." Reg smirked, not really answering my question on purpose.

"You or the house elves?" I laughed.

"Shut up." He laughed and shook his head. We walked down to the lake and there was a little rowing boat but without the wooden benches in the middle, it had a blanket down and paint canvases with paints and of course snacks.

I smiled and the sight and looked over at Reg who was looking at me hopefully, waiting to see my reaction. "Reg I love this!" He smiled at my reaction and I hugged him.

We both got into the boat facing opposite each other, it was very comfy and the spot was beautiful. "Ok now I need to actually get this thing off the bank..." He muttered.

"Have you ever rowed a boat before?" I laughed.

"Do I look like I have?" Reg raised an eyebrow which just made me laugh more. He used a spell to get the boat gently going across the lake. "God I love magic." He chuckled.

"Reg you need to teach me how to paint I'm useless at this." I doodled a lot in class but I wasn't as good at art. Peter was very good, he tried to teach me before but he wasn't good at explaining. He was more "I can't tell you you just need to know"

"Come here then." He smiled, I sat in between his legs so he could guide my hands. "Ok so first, what do you want to paint?" He asked. He had his chin resting on my shoulder so he could see and he reached over me to get out the paints.

I thought about it with a hum, Marlene and I just drew naked ladies on desks. "Our cat." I decided finally. And even though Reg got Bear as a gift for me he was our cat in my eyes. Bear was our child. "I wanna get his little face."

"I'm so glad you love him." Reg chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Ok so first you want to lightly sketch the outline..." He said gently, his soft voice in my ear as he then guided my hand to draw it out. "Try using light pencil lines... Yeah that's it."

It was the sketching that was tricky, the painting came along easy enough. It was nice to spend time with him like this. He would literally choke me against a bookshelf in the library then take me on a cute little painting date, balance.

"Reg I'm cold." I looked at him hopefully, to see if the offer for his jacket still stood.

He chuckled and passed me his jacket, it was a weighted leather jacket, probably enchanted to keep the inside warm. "If you get paint on it I'll throw you in the lake and you'll be swimming back to the castle." He threatened with a smirk.

"I'll be careful!" I laughed, mixing colours to paint Bear's green eyes. "We should get these muggle things called tattoos, they're sick. They like draw on you but it's there forever and it looks cool. Sirius wants to get some." I smiled.

"Oh yeah and what would you get?" He asked, looking over at me from his painting. We were sat opposite each other again so he could paint.

"I don't know, I'll see what I fancy on the day." I chuckled. "If you drew me something I'd get it done."

"I'll have to think of ideas." He nodded.

"It would be cool if I won that game I'm playing with Marlene and Mary though..." I thought to myself out loud.

"And what game is that?" Reg smirked, looking over his canvas at me.

I laughed, "That the first one of us to meet Stevie Nicks and then get her to sign our boobs and get it tattooed wins." I laughed a little. Honestly I wasn't worried about him judging he was used to it by now.

"If any name is getting tattooed to you it's mine." He smirked.

"Alright go on then." I smirked. Now it was his turn to get a little flustered, he looked surprised and blinked, his cheeks going a light pink.

"Wait what. Really?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"You're blushing." I laughed. "Yeah really, why not after all?"

"I don't blush you do." He protested.

"That's bollocks!" I grinned playfully.

"Shut up you dick." He said and it made me smile fondly. That was my boyfriend.

"You're so charming." I grinned and leaned over, I put my hand on the side of his face and kissed him gently. I felt him smile into the kiss, it was nothing like in the library after Christmas it was soft and loving. I needed both and Reg gave me that.

We stayed out there for a couple of hours, I had a good painting of Bear and Reg did the scenery of the lake, his painting looked like you could walk into it it was so realistic.

We went back to the castle when it was dark. We walked through the corridors, Reg holding my hand. "You should come back to the common room with me." I smiled. "I want you to spend time with my friends. I always have to choose between one or the other and what if we just try hanging out all together?" I asked.

"Your friends don't like me. Your brother punched me." He said bluntly.

"You insulted Lily what did you expect?" I replied, as bluntly as he did. "Marlene likes you, Remus doesn't care for any drama, Mary likes you, Peter doesn't but he can shut up, James and Lily just want me to be happy and Sirius wants to fix your relationship."

He bit the inside of his cheek thinking about it. "I don't know what if I'm there and the tension is really awkward and it just ends bad?"

"There's never an awkward silence with my friends they're incapable of shutting up. And if it does go bad then we can just go make out in my dorm or something." I chuckled. "Please Reg it means a lot to me." I looked up at him to see what he would say.

He sighed and nodded. "Alright fine. But if I cough that's the code that it's not working out and-"

"It will be fine Reg I promise." I could see he was actually getting nervous about it. "I really appreciate this if it doesn't work I won't force it but I have to see."

"Well we'll soon find out won't we. God I'm gonna be seen in the Gryffindor common room what if Barty finds out?" He asked as we walked up the stairs.

"He's your bitch. He won't say anything." I said simply. Some of the portraits were watching us but we were used to it. Our relationship was often the scandal of the school.

"I don't even know why I'm asking near these portraits. They're such fucking gossips." Reg huffed then his eyes widened a little as he got an idea. "Like I really shouldn't mention how Mulciber sneaks into girls changing rooms like a nonce." He smirked. The little girl in the painting nearest us immediately ran to the painting of Knights around a table next door, they went off to various other paintings telling the rumour like a chain reaction.

"You devious bastard." I laughed.

"Well I try my best." He smirked and put his hands in his pockets. "It's so much easier than hexing him. Come on darling let's go see your friends." He grinned over at me. I took his hand and continued our walk up the stairs. God I was so in love with him.