Chapter 51 - Times up

We were all in the living room after dinner, Remus was absolutely thrashing me at Wizards chess to the point where it was so embarrassing I let Lily take over and beat him. Sirius and Regulus were getting along how I imagined they used to before everything, laughing and teasing each other. James was cheering Lily on while she played Remus and Peter was watching the game intently, his chin on the coffee table.

"I prefer it when you two are getting on." I smiled as I flopped down on the sofa in between the two brothers, my arm around each of them.

They both tried not to smile too much, I knew they liked it too. "Well Sirius isn't so much of a dick anymore." Reg smirked.

"You're one to talk!" Sirius reached past me to kick his brother, playful of course.

"Well now you've ruined it." I laughed.

"Ha! I win!" Lily stood up triumphantly as Remus face palmed.

The chatter was interrupted by three harsh knocks on the door and everyone fell silent. It was dark outside and it was just starting to rain after a week of heat. This is Britain there's only so much sun we can get.

"I'll see who that is." My dad put down his book and walked out the room to open the front door. "Walburga... What a surprise." There was none of the usual friendliness in his voice. He knew what she did to Sirius and Reg and it was clear how he felt about it.

"Enough talk Fleamont. My son is here." The cold woman snapped sharply. So much that Regulus winced at her voice. Both the brothers had gone a little more pale and were exchanging fearful glances. Which son was it? It was an unlucky raffle.

"I'm not sure what you mean." My dad wouldn't just give up Sirius and Reg back to their abusive household.

"My only son. Regulus. He's here I know it." Her only son. I squeezed Reg's hand to comfort him and Sirius ran a hand through his hair. Reg looked pale and he was bouncing his leg nervously as he kissed my hand, despite his situation he was trying to comfort me.

"Walburga I don't see why-"

"Enough!" Walburga snapped and I wanted to hex the bitch for talking to my dad like that. She stormed into our house as if she owned the place and burst into our living room. "There you are you insolent boy. Trying to follow your brothers lead? Your brother failed and you will not!" She didn't even need to raise her voice to be truly terrifying.

I stood up and drew my wand but Reg put his hand on my shoulder "It's alright." He said softly. "Times up. I'll see you at school." He was going with his mum before I started a fight.

"No Reg-" I began but he shook his head. He was putting on a brave face for me and I knew it.

"How dare you talk to my son. Fleamont I shall not forget this deciet. Filthy blood traitors." My dad had his wand in his hand but there was no point starting a fight. This woman would torture her own son it was clear who would come out worse. So I watched. Helpless. As my the love of my life left, back to the Noble House of Black. The lock had fastened on his future and I didn't see how we could be together now.

The front door slammed. I sat back on the sofa stunned. He was gone. Just like that, that was how easily they could take him away from me. The tears followed quickly, spilling down my cheeks until I was an uncontrollable sobbing mess. I didn't even care if I appeared weak because I already knew how this was going to play out. She was probably hurting him right now. And I was so so helpless.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

Regulus's POV :

That time I predicted they would be even harsher on me because I was the last heir? Correct.

TW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND INJURY DETAIL.

The woman I dared to call my mother said nothing, which was terrifying. Walburga wasn't a woman of many words but she knew some mean spells to let out her fury instead. And I got to experience them all, first hand. I clenched my jaw feeling the fresh cuts open all down my back. I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of hearing me scream. I tried, I tried to get away but here I was even worse than I'd started.
Back in the Noble House of Black.

She let me bleed through my shirt, I could feel the hot blood running down my back for God sake. No aid offered, it was so I learned my lesson apparently. Because how dare I dishonor the Black Family.

She knew I was with y/n and I was punsihed for that too until I nearly fainted, only then did she give me a break and lock me in my room. I collapsed onto my bed, it wasn't as comfy as Y/n's not even close. It was so cold here without her. Most people would look and see a bedroom, all I saw was a cage in which I was very much the animal. Trained up to perform, punished brutally if I cracked. I couldn't afford to be like this any more, I had to be who they wanted me to be, only then could I survive.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

Y/N's POV :

Peter hurried home after that. Remus and Sirius were in Sirius's room and James and Lily were trying to get me to calm down but I just couldn't. I was shaking in Lily's arms as she whispered soft words in my ear, it was like I couldn't get enough air in my lungs the way I had to gasp for air in between shaky sobs. He was gone.

"You'll see him at school, he's tough I'm sure he'll be alright." James said softly and took both of my hands in his.

"She's probably hurting him as we talk, I shouldn't have suggested he comes back it's all my fault." I had never broken down like this before, but James and Lily truly were the best people to look after me. I felt guilty for everything I had caused so much trouble by being selfish and being with Reg. But I didn't get to choose who I loved and I knew for a fact I would never love anyone the way I loved him.

It's all my fault, my fault, my fault. That was all I was hearing in my head and it was horrid.

"He didn't have to come here but he did, he knew the risks." Lily said softly stroking my hair "He wouldn't want you to be upset like this, you'll see him again in less than a month."

"You don't get it." I sniffed and wiped my tears on my sleeve. "His mum knows now, we can't be together or it will only get worse." Saying it out loud was even worse.

My mum walked in and sat on my bed, my dad had clearly told her what happened because her expression was very sympathetic. "Aww y/n come here." She sat next to me with her arm around me and wiped my tears. "It will be alright my darling I promise."

"No it won't. She's going to make him be a death eater it's not alright!" I sobbed, I just felt so useless. Nothing could helphelp.

"There's still hope." James offered "you have to believe in these things, if you really love him and he really loves you then you'll both put in what it takes to make it work."

"Don't you think we're trying! Well it's not like I can do anything anyway. He's gone. I'm going to bed I'm tired." My eyes we're beginning to sting from how much I'd cried and I felt very tired after all that.

"Listen if you need me come and wake me up okay?" James said being protective as always. He hugged me tightly, James Potter gave the best hugs. 

"I'll be alright prongs. Thanks for putting up with me." I laughed a little.

"It's my job, I'll always look after you." He shrugged.

"Goodnight y/n you'll be alright." Lily kissed my head and then they went off to their room.

I sighed and got into bed, it felt empty without Reg in there, so so empty. Luckily, I was so drained that sleep came easily and I got to put my thoughts to rest for a while.

((This was so sad to write omg
Thanks for 19k readssss
- Author :)