Chapter 79 - Scrap in Hogsmede

March came around soon enough and brought anxiety and the realization of how close exams were getting. I had been taking extra healing classes with Madam Pomfrey as well as Quidditch practice, hours of revision and I was well and truly tired. Of course there was Remus's birthday to look forward to, then mine and James's but part of me didn't want to turn 18. That meant I was an adult and soon enough I would be out of school fighting a war. Every time a lesson ended, every time the sun went down and rose again it all felt like a ticking time bomb.

It was the end of an event in class with Madam Pomfrey, she praised me on how well I was keeping up and then I went on my way straight to the room of requirement to then do homework. It was dark outside although the nights we're getting lighter now. Reg was inside playing the piano, it immediately made me feel better hearing him. I walked in and sat down next to him, my head on his shoulder, eyes closed. He kissed my head and stopped playing.

"I've missed you." Reg pulled me into a hug and I felt less stressed already, the security of having his arms around me was like no other.

"I've still got homework." I sighed and leaned into his chest. Bear was asleep on the sofa.

"I'll help you with it." He said gently still holding me in her arms.

"I've been so anxious lately." I sighed, "I don't want to grow up and leave school and I don't want to have exams and I don't want to go to join a fucking war." I sniffed, trying to calm down and listen to his heart beat.

"I know darling I know." He mumbled. "Then what would you want to do?" He asked.

"You." I joked despite my mood and he laughed lightly.

"You know I'm down but you have homework to do." He laughed. "Come on you'll be less stressed once it's done."

"It's only astronomy, you keep playing the piano and I'll just get this done." I reluctantly pulled away from the hug and sat on the floor by the little coffee table that was near the sofa and fireplace. I spread out all my books and started working away at the homework, I just wanted it done. I was basically falling asleep trying to write when Reg came over to me. He sat down beside me and took the quill from my hands, drawing the constellations for me. I put my head on his shoulder, my eyes feeling droopy. "Reg you don't have to." I mumbled.

"Shh you're exhausted look at you." He shook his head and wrote all the answers, he was very clever it took him no time.

His brown hair fell in his eyes and his face was lit up by the candlelight. "You're pretty." I told him because he was.

He chuckled and I noticed his eyes go to the dark mark on his arm, he always wore long sleeves outside and now he was suffering as the weather got warmer. He had to use charms to keep himself cool. I knew how much he hated that mark, and the scars on his back. He rarely mentioned it but I could tell by the way he would hardly turn his back to me when he didn't have a shirt on or how he would always look at his arm and frown. "I'm glad you think so."

"I do." I lifted his arm and kissed his tattoo, "every part of you. You're perfect to me."

He pulled me into a hug and held me tight, from that embrace a thousand words were said. "I'll love you forever." I whispered.

"And I'll love you forever too." He told me, playing with my hair. "Come to bed it's late."

"Okay." I nodded and he picked me up in his arms carrying me to the bed. We got under the covers and he put his head on my chest, I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair. "Goodnight." I whispered.

"Goodnight love." He mumbled. I soon fell asleep with him. We slept together so much it was strange when I slept alone. We sort of came as a pair these days, especially as Reg had been hanging out with us more when Mulciber wasn't looking.