Chapter 80 - Performing

Reg was taken to Dumbledore's office and Mulciber was rushed to the hospital wing. And I, of course, rushed to my brother. "James!" I yelled bursting into his dorm, he was checking the marauders map with Peter. "You two wouldn't believe what happened.

Remus and I made ourselves comfy in the dorm, Sirius was going to McGonagall to try and get her to back Reg.

I explained everything that happened and how Reg had defended me and how he was probably going to get expelled. " I'll kill Mulciber." James shook his head. "And Barty."

"Reg nearly did! James he used the spell." I didn't know how to feel about Reg using the same spell that had been used to torture him and his brother. He knew how it was so he did it to other people? Although it was Mulciber.

Peter's eyes widened in disbelief. "He's so fucked. They're going to expel him no doubt. He's already nearly killed Snape."

"Cheers Pete." I snapped because of the stress then apologized "He was defending me both times."

"Sitting here fretting won't do anything go to Dumbledore." Remus urged me.

"Do you want us to come with?" James asked, Remus got ready to get up but Peter didn't look as keen.

"No I'm okay." I shook my head. "We don't want to crowd it."

"Good luck, you know I hope he doesn't get expelled." James hugged me trying to stay positive.

I hugged my brother tightly. "I'll see you for dinner." I said then rushed out the dorm, speed walking to Dumbledore's office.

It was strange how last time we were in Dumbledore's office together it was because he was making Reg tutor me, I had hated the idea and was practically begging him not to. Now here I was, about to beging him not to expel Reg after I'd fallen in love with him.

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to walk right in so I sort of lingered at the back. Reg was stood by Dumbledore's desk, Dumbledore was sat down. The old man was perfectly calm, I had never seen him lose his temper.

"You're aware that you could have killed Mulciber?" Dumbledore spoke calmly but sternly.

"Yes Sir." Reg replied simply, his head held high.

"And do you regret it?"

"No Sir." Reg shook his head and Dumbledore frowned.

Dumbledore shook his head in disappointment "Regulus if you wish to stay at Hogwarts I'd advise you to at least seem apologetic. It's been years since I last expelled a student but-"

"Please don't." I spoke up and walked forward to stand next to Reg. "I'm sorry for interrupting Professor," Dumbledore nodded, giving me his attention. I couldn't tell if Reg was happy I was there or not. "The fight only started because Reg was defending me."

I could tell I had got Dumbledore's interest now. "Miss Potter would you please tell me how it all started? Who fired the first hex et cetera?"

"Well," I began, I was going to tweak the story just a little bit. "I was in Hogsmede with my friends and we took a short cut to honeydukes, then we saw Reg with Barty and Mulciber. We tried to walk past but Mulciber and Barty were making these comments towards myself and my friends. I tried to get past but then... Mulciber put his hands on me." I brought forward every negative emotion I could possibly feel so I began to cry, tugging on the heart strings a little. "I'm sorry I should have stopped them but I was so scared." I let myself cry and let the tears run down my cheeks, channeling all my emotions from the fear of losing Reg and making them believable for the situation.
I knew if Reg left Hogwarts he was done for. "Reg moved Mulciber away and then Mulciber started firing hexes at him. He acted in self defense please don't expel him Proffesor it wasn't his fault." I sobbed. It was a little embarrassing appearing this weak but if it was to save my boyfriend then it was worth it.