Chapter 66 -The Yule Ball pt 2

It didn't take me by surprise how Reg was such a good dancer. Making him take dance lessons was the only good choice Walburga Black ever made, he looked like he could do it in his sleep and when I got the hang of it it became enjoyable.

"Reg everyone's looking." I whispered and he spun me around then pulled me back again.

"Of course they are, look at us." He grinned and held me close as we danced. "I doubt half the people imagined we would be attending the ball together."

"Would you have even imagined it before we knew each other?" I chuckled, if someone had told my fifth year self I would be in love with Regulus I would think they were full of shit but here we were.

"Dancing with a Gryffindor who never shuts up and teases people as a way of showing affection? Nope." He smirked, looking down at me, somehow he focused on me get still danced like a professional.

I laughed and he effortlessly picked me up spinning me around then gently placing me back on the floor again as the dance required. We danced for ages until my feet hurt then Reg went to get us drinks. It was hard not to smile, I had been with Reg for a year yet somehow he still gave me butterflies and I knew I was blushing lightly.

Much to my surprise, none other than Freddie came and sat next to me. "Having fun?" He asked politely as a way of small talk. He had gelled his blonde hair and was looking very smart in dress robes, not like his usual slightly scruffy self.

"Yeah. You?" I asked him. I was in no mood for an argument.

"Yeah. I'm with Katie Morris. You know her?" He was just trying to talk and to be honest I was glad he had found a date.

"No but I'm sure she's great." I smiled a little. We sat in silence for a little while, not sure about him but I was feeling a bit awkward.

"I'm sorry for being a dick." He said after a pause.

"I'm sorry my boyfriend hexed you." I chuckled lightly. "I truly saw you as a friend Freddie I apologize if you felt used, that wasn't my intention."

"I know. Friends again?" He looked over at me with a hopeful smile.

I smiled and pulled him into a friendly hug. "Friends again." I confirmed.

He hugged me back a little timidly then he got a bit more comfortable. I pulled away from the hug, glad to be back to normal. "You look posh." I teased.

"Yeah, you've definitely gone back to normal." He grinned and I laughed. Just then, Reg walked back with a drink in each hand. He raised a dark eyebrow when he saw Freddie and I shook my head as an indication not to act out. Again. Freddie regarded Reg cautiously, hoping not to get hexed again most likely.

"Hey." I smiled and kissed his cheek, taking a drink from him, it was pumpkin juice but I noticed he had put some fire whiskey in it and his too which made me smirk. "Mr prefect what on Earth is this? Imagine if Slughorn were to hear about it!" I gasped mock dramatically.

He smirked and slipped an arm around my waist having some of his drink too. "He won't. I have my ways of getting away with everything. Thought I'd add a bit of spice."

"We'll make a marauder out of you yet." I grinned and he kissed my head. As I drank some of my drink, it felt like fire running down my throat hut less intense than the pure whiskey. It left a warm fuzzy feeling in my belly.

"There's some where I want to take you if you'll come with me." He whispered in my ear, I felt his lips tickle against my hair and his hot breath in my ear making shivers run down my spine.

"Yeah let's go." I smiled and took his hand. We put our finished drinks down and I let him lead me out, waving goodbye to Freddie. "Where are we going?" I secretly loved when Reg took me to secret places.