Open Mind and Heart

Thank you for the support. Here is another chapter. enjoy.

"This party is a complete bust. My whole life's a bust." Blair complains to us.

"Well, it serves you right." Serena mocks her. "You were scheming to convince Marcus you're someone you're not."

"Hypocrite." I cough at Serena.

"What? I am not." Serena argues.

"Oh please, you're the queen of changing yourself to impress a guy or get a guy to notice you. I mean you faked being any sport with the guy you were flirting with you can barely run half a mile." I remind her.

"Well that is beside the...I did not throw a whole party as B did."

"But my intentions were good. I really do like him. I just...as soon as I knew he liked me I would have relaxed and dropped the manipulative plotting and devoted myself to being the best girlfriend ever."

"What's stopping you?" I ask B.

"I...just well you know his step-mom does not like me."

"No guy's mom ever likes the girl their son is dating. It's a challenge on her territory over him." I explain.

"Well, Carter's mom had to like you." Blair argues.

"Uh...she didn't not like me but she wasn't that fond of me either. I was too young which I was. But now she's kind of stuck with me." I whisper.

"See I cannot...Catherine made Waldorf rhyme with Spears. I may as well have gone commando and held my party at Nyla's Burger Basket."

"It might have been more entertaining." I comment.

"Not helping E! I am freaking out." Blair exclaims.

"Fine. While you stand here and feel sorry for yourself and denigrate the fine people of Kentwood I'm gonna go find Dan. Cheer up." Serena orders Blair and walks away.

"Hey what were you doing with Nate?"

"What?" I ask her.

"When do you and Nate hang out?"

"We were...we were just talking." I explain.

"Seemed pretty heated."

"Uh...it was just a normal conversation. Just ask me about Chuck."

"Speaking of your brother why is he still trying to mess with me?"

"Well you mess with him and he sees that as a challenge. And he's bored." I explain.

"Bored does not give him the right to mess with Marcus and me."

"Do you still have feelings for my brother?"

"What?"

"Is the reason you almost wanted to break things off with Marcus before finding out he was a Lord was because you were still holding onto the feelings you have for Chuck?"

"I...I don't know what you mean." Blair will have a wall up and I know it will take some time to bring it down.

"I know he did a number on you with...leaving you in Italy alone and...not giving a real reason why he broke things off just to pick things up right where he left them. I know he was in the wrong but...if there are still true feelings Blair don't deny them. You will only hurt Marcus and yourself in the process." I explain to her.

"I am...I do not have feelings for Chuck Bass. My heart belongs to Marcus."

"You can lie to anyone B but not to me."