Ruined Party

Thank you for all the support. I love hearing what your predictions for the book are. Reminder whoever Ella doesn't end up with in this book I will write another and final book for the Ella Bass series. Stay tuned.

I was surprised to see Dan in my father's hotel of all places. I haven't seen him since the start of summer. I never even told him my last name not wanting to draw attention to my family. "Dan, hey what are you doing here?" I set my food down on the counter."

"Hey, wow so funny running into you. We haven't seen each other since..."

"Since the young writers, camp this summer." I remind him and he nods his head in agreement.

"That's right. Wow, that was the shortest and best camp I've ever been to. You had the most moving writing style I've ever read."

"What about you. You have a great balance of emotion and facts in your writing."

"You've always been too kind. Did you ever get to talk to your dad about that thing you wanted to do?"

"Uh, yeah I did." I didn't get into too much of the details of how Bart flipped out when I dropped on him one day before I was leaving for Europe that by the way I've signed a contract with an agent and I'm going to pursue modeling.

"He must have been proud." I hide the fact that Bart was less than proud. "I impressed my sister Jenny when I told her that I knew you." I raise my eyebrow at him. "Well, I mean I knew you wanted to be a model and she's really into fashion and I saw in one of her magazines you were on the cover. She didn't believe me but I showed her the photos of us from camp and she flipped out."

"Does she still want to be a fashion designer?"

"You remembered what my sister wants to be?"

"I mean all you could talk about all week was how much you depended on her to fix zippers on your clothes or sow buttons on your shirts. You even talked about how she loves to design her own clothes."

"Wow, and I couldn't even remember where you lived."

"Well, I live here." I motion to the hotel.

"You live here?" Dan's eyes are bugging out their sockets.

"Yeah, uh my family is really close to the owner and everything."

"Wow, this is the nicest place I've ever been to."

"So, uh, not to be rude or anything why are you here? Are you meeting someone?"

"Uh, I thought I saw someone I knew but they weren't here so I was just on my way out."

"Yeah, well I'm going to do some homework."

"Already? Hasn't school just started for you?"

"Yeah, but I already know some dates I'm going to miss for modeling and I don't want to fall behind so better be ahead. And I have a whole weekend of things I have to attend."

"That's some dedication. That I don't have. What do you have to do?"

"I have to go to this party Saturday and an agonizing brunch with my dad on Sunday."

"You really don't like parties, do you?"

"There the same old thing. People trying to impress each other and no one is real."

"I mean if you want to skip you could always join me at this thing. Uh, a band is playing and I was going to go...you can go too if you..."

"As much as I would rather be at this band gig that I don't even know who's playing, but the party is not something I can miss. But definitely let me know if something like that happens again."