Internship Wars

I'm just warning you all now I'm going to keep you all guessing Ella's endgame. You never know what will happen or who she'll end up with.

3rd Person's POV

Blair is up early getting ready for the first day of her internship and is surprised when Serena comes into their shared bathroom. "What are you doing up this early?' Blair asks her best friend.

"Breakfast with Ben. And don't lecture. He's a nice person, a nice, innocent person who deserves a friend after what my mom did to him." Serena defends her actions.

"A lot of mascara for a friend, but you can have breakfast with whomever you want. I don't judge." Serena gives her friend a look, knowing that's a lie. "Well, today I don't. Because today everything is new and fresh and golden. Today, my internship begins."

"You're finally gonna tell me where it is?"

"It's too important. I can't jinx it. I'll tell you after my first day." Blair explains.

"So you didn't even tell E?" Serena asks.

"I haven't told anyone." Blair exclaims. "I must go."

"But you realize most offices aren't even open this early unless you're interning at a doughnut shop?" Serena continues to guess what internship Blair got.

"I want to be early. What is wrong with being early? Catch the worm!" Blair responds emphatically.

"Okay, I'll see you at the W party tonight. And good luck at your new job at the mayor's office, the Whitney, the CIA, or...whatever." Serena yells after her. "This is like living with Don Draper."

__________________________________
Dan walks around the city, waiting to meet with Blair to discuss starting the first day of their internship. "Lily, again, thank you so much for getting me this opportunity." Dan expresses his appreciation to his stepmother for the strings she pulled to help him.

"Just so you know, it may not be what..."

"Don't worry, I realize most internships are about exploitation and espresso runs." Dan assures her he's not thinking this will be a walk in the park. "I'm just happy to get a chance to be around writing again."