Bye Bye Juliet

I really appreciate you all commenting that you love Colin and Ella together. I can't tell you just yet who Ella will end up with at the end of this book, because you know I like to keep you all guessing.

3rd person's POV

"What the fuck, you're engaged?" Nate asks, shocked.

"Nate..."

"You've known the guy for like two seconds, Ella. This is not okay."

"Nate."

"Mama, what does fuck mean?" Nate's cheeks redden. He forgot Palmer was there. Ella is shooting daggers at him.

"Sorry about that."

"What's your problem, Archibald?" Blair asks.

"I'm sorry, Ella, for..."

"Get to the point, Nate, and I will kill you later."

"Fine. Juliet is still going after Serena."

"What?" Blair and Ella ask, shocked.

"I knew she couldn't be trusted." Blair declares.

"She has photos of Serena kissing Will and Colin, and Vanessa is looking for Dean Reuther." Nate explains, and Ella's heart breaks.

"What did you just say?"

"I didn't see the photos, Ella, but Vanessa said she saw Serena kissing Colin and Will in different photos." Nate repeats.

"That's... that's not possible. He wouldn't do that to me." Ella repeats.

"Did you ever ask him about his connection with Juliet?" Blair asks.

"No, that...because what you said isn't true..."

"Juliet and Colin are cousins." Nate shares. "I'm sorry, but if she's going after Serena like this, then he has to be in on it."

"What proof do you have that he's in on this?"

"How well do you know him? Has you told you everything about his family?" Ella doesn't answer. "He hasn't even told you that he's cousins with Juliet. I'm sorry, Ella, but Colin can't be trusted." Someone clinks their glass, getting everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for coming to tonight's benefit kicking off the winter season of the New York City Ballet. Tonight's program is dedicated to the Late George Balanchine. A true pioneer in the world of dance, the founder of this great organization, and a good friend of money." People laugh at the joke.

"Hear, hear!" Everyone raises their glasses. Vanessa works her way closer to Dean Reuther, ready to expose Serena for who she really is.

"Excuse me." Vanessa calls out to the Dean.

"Yes?"

"Dean Reuther, hi."

"Oh, my...Vanessa Abrams, is that you?" Juliet interrupts them. "My apologies, Dean. I haven't seen this one since...Exeter!"

"Mm!" Vanessa plays along.

"No problem, Ms. Sharp. Have a nice evening." Dean Reuther leaves the two women alone so she can mingle with friends.

"Exeter? Seriously?" Vanessa asks as they walk away.