Mom I'm Dating My Professor

I hope your all enjoying these updates as I am writing them. I find so much more joy in writing Ella's story this time around.

3rd Person's POV

Serena leans on the counter, reading Will's book on modern and classic literature as Lily walks in. "Hey, mom." She greets her.

"Serena! What a lovely surprise. What brings you back to the homestead?" Lily kisses her daughter's cheek. "Don't tell me word reach you that Rufus is making his famous chili. Jenny's in town." Lily informs her.

"Hmm. Guess she forgot to call." Serena makes a snide comment.

"Well, I know the two of you haven't exactly been the best of friends in the past, but maybe that can change now that you've had some time apart." Lily suggests.

"Well, as much as I would love to bond with her. I actually have plans, special plans that involve me raiding my mother's jewelry box."

"Those are special plans. Well, let's see what we can do." Serena puts her book down, and Lily notices.

"Oh, hey, what are you reading?" Lily asks, and she picks up the book.

"Oh, it's just a book by one of my professors." Serena says nonchalantly. "But, I'm..."

"Modern Classics as Told Through the Eyes of the Beholder. By William Holden." Lily reads off the title. It is a must-read for those who want to learn about classical literature. And you're reading Winner by Colin Forrester." Lily picks up the other book Serena had on the counter.

"Yeah, he's my Psychology of Business professor. Along with Ella, of course."

"I had no idea you were taking Ella and Colin's class."

"Yeah... He's Colin to you?" Serena asks, confused.

"Well, I just met him as Ella's boyfriend at brunch this morning." Lily explains.

"She introduced you to him?"

"She did. And he is wonderful, Serena. You will learn so much from their class."

"I'm glad Ella is finally telling people they're dating. I'm happy for her."

"They seem very good for one another." Lily agrees. "Serena, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you taking two challenging courses just right out of the gate." Lily commends her daughter. "Honestly, after the year that you've had, it's wonderful to see you thinking about your future. Instead of focusing on boys." Serena gives her a sly smile as she hugs her mom.

"Thanks, mom."

"Alright, let's go find something that sparkles, huh?" Lily takes Serena's hand.

"So, how is Colin? I only saw him briefly. Ella hasn't told me much about him." Serena asks as she tries on jewelry.

"He's a gentleman who seems to hang onto Ella's every word. He was able to meet the whole family with ease. So far, I have nothing against him."

"Ella does seem happy, doesn't she?"

"That's the happiest I've ever seen her. I didn't know she could smile as much as she has been since meeting him." Lily confirms.

__________________________________
Ella and Colin ride together as Arthur drives them to the party. "Are you ready for this?" She asks him. "I mean, you met my family this morning, and then tonight, we're going public. It seems like a lot."

"