Searching for a New It Girl

What were your thoughts about Raina? I thought they could have done so much more with her character, especially with the idea she was essentially the female Chuck Bass.

3rd Person's POV

Blair is getting ready for her first day officially working for W and no longer being an intern

Blair is getting ready for her first day officially working for W and no longer being an intern. Ever since Epperly offered her the job she's taken it upon herself to be the queen of fashion she's always been. "Please don't tell me you're leaving already." Serena groans as she walks into Blair's room. "Between classes at Columbia or your job at W. The only proof that I have you still exist is the faint trace of Chanel in the morning."

"I'm so sorry, S. But if I can turn this into a permanent job it'll knock six months off my two-year plan." Blair addresses her friend. Serena jumps into Blair's bed still not sure how Blair is doing it all.

"Are you sure you're not just burying yourself in work to avoid thinking about tomorrow?" Serena asks.

"Tomorrow? I don't even know what day today is." Blair lies and Serena knows it. Blair sits down and lets out a big sigh. "Last year, Chuck and I honored Valentine's Day by staging our very own bacchanal. And no there were no goats, if that's the look that just fluttered across your face. But, this year I'm sitting out V-Day to focus on my career, as is Chuck with his fake relationship with Raina Thorpe." Blair rambles.

"Wait, but I thought you reached out to Raina and told her that Chuck's feelings were real." Serena questions.

"He needed to get back in her good graces and I knew exactly how to get him there." Blair replies like it's the obvious explanation. "Chuck and I may need some time to forge our own paths before we risk a romantic rejoining, but...we're still there for each other. And what about you and Ben?" Blair changes the subject. "Must be very special for him spending Valentine's Day with someone other than his cellie."

"We decided to sit it out too. We just started dating. It's too much pressure." Serena lies and Blair's not buying it for a second. "Hey, why don't we have a friend's Valentine's Day? Manis, macaroons, massages? I'm pretty sure I saw on Gossip Girl that Ella is in the city this week and..."